0 Likes
Re: Trucks
RachelWalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes 11-18-12 1993 Kenworth W-9L 008.jpg

B33
Legend

O yea Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I better not show this picture to my Dad he'll have a break Down He loves Trucks and has been Trucking most of his Life & he's in his 60's he started his Driving Career over in Vietnam,  what you have there is something Else if I may ask what year is your KW it looks like a W900 is that correct

RachelWalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is,  and the year is 96 W9L 3406 cat 18 speed I have been driving 20 years now

B33
Legend

Wow you go Girl.!   I know I'm probably asking to many Questions but when my Dad see this and he will,  he'd want me to ask what do ya pull with her.. Cattle Trailer, Tanker, Flat Bed, Reefer, Grain Wagon..  20 Questions I'm in Trouble

RachelWalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

step deck, pneumatic, end dump, belly dump. what ever pays the bills never will I touch cheap freight.

B33
Legend

I understand on that mam that was the way Dad put it as well he said at one or another he'd pull anything there was that came his way,

In Vietnam: He was in The Navy and was in the C-B's they Done a little bit of everything in construction but mostly they Hauled: what follows below

1.Tin and other Building Materials

2. Bulldozers, or  Vehicle's like Jeeps an such

3. They Transported All types ordnance's that was Brought there Way he said some of it Dangerous and some of it was Highly Dangerous.!

After Vietnam:  He Drove just about any Truck there was and Transmission he said the Wildest one was the 2 stick 4X4

But Dad's Hauled Quite a Bit of stuff here's a small List:

1. Cattle & Pigs The First Cattle Trailer he Pulled was Partly Maid of Wood.!

2.Flat Bed and Drop Deck Low Boy

3.Fuel Tanker,  Milk Tanker For Mies and Son's

4.Refers &  Regular Box Trailers 40 -- 53'

5.Grain Wagon,  Grain Truck and Silage Truck.!

6.And for short Time he Pulled Doubles..

Away From Truck Driving He can Run just about any Piece Farm Equipment Smiley Happy there is:

He's Drove Just about any John Tractor there was from the Model D' up to Latest Front Wheel Assist and the Big 4 wheel Drives,

Here's the Implements he's pulled and other Equipment he Driven..

1.Spring Tooth

2.Disk & Harrow

3.Small and Large Bottom Plows

4.Planters & Seed Equipment..

5.Balers & Wagons &  Big Round Balers

6.And pulled anhydrous Tanks behind Equipment, That was one part of Farming he'd rather not Do.!

And he's Drove Hay Swather's  &  Combines  &  Salvage Choppers..

Emmy692
Contributor - Level 1

I don't drive one but my dad does and when I was little he homeschooled me in the truck and after I started back in school during the summer he would take me with him and I love and someday will work to getting my CDL to drive my own truck.

B33
Legend

Hey there ya Go.!   I've seen allot a Lady drivers through out the years and  when I trucking with my Dad and they can handle there truck just like the Men can..

I got good one to share,  thinking back a few years ago at a Truck stop a flying Jay which some are notorious for having small parking area's for trucks this one was in Kentucky and me my Dad and a couple Drivers were setting and Talking by my Dads Truck and here comes along this Lady Driver Her tractor a Pete it was beautiful Truck it was black and Stretched out and sounded like a truck should,  the Trailer was stainless steel and was a spread axle Tandem and she pulled up to this space and because of the length of the Tractor had to maneuver it to get into this space that many of men couldn't of even think of doing the look on the Guys faces that we were talking too said it all course I can't repeat what they said on here..

Then she got out of the Truck.!   came by said Hi  we asked her how long ya been Driving she said I'm 38 years old and been Driving every since I was 16 years old my Dad taught me everything I know.. The Tractor she was Driving was a Brand New 1998 Peterbilt,  Trailer was the same model year.. she told us that it was her own Tractor & Trailer her 3rd one she had her own authority.. she said as much as I'm out on the road I want the best,  I put so many miles on my Trucks then trade them in for a new one, We all thought that was pretty nice..  she then asked us ya'll had Dinner we said na just setting here and Talking she hey come on in set a spell and have some Dinner.. Can't get any Better than that.Smiley Happy

0 Likes