Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Windows 10
Heretic1989

Downloading Windows 10

2,712.6 MB total, 74% complete

I want to see what the big deal is with Windows 10

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Windows 10
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Not much, but it can be a trick to install.  I have 3 PCs, all 3 failed the update multiple times.  I had to do this:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.

2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".

Then go here:  Windows 10

That's the link to the Upgrade Tool.

Works now, on 2 of 3.

The last PC is constantly searching for updates.  Still figuring that one out.

0 Likes
Heretic1989

So far the install process is still going smoothly on my PC. It's 83% complete as of now.

I feel like a kid waiting for a present.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

It's better than 8.1 Metro, but not as good as Win7.  Just my 2 cents.  The search bar at the bottom next to the plain start button is rather large.  It has this minimalist unflashy feel with the icons.  Basically looks like an old windows phone.

0 Likes
Heretic1989

Please. No more. You're spoiling it for me.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

BUT, the windows and toolbars match the colors of the programs...just like Lollipop!

0 Likes
Heretic1989

It's done. It's ok. Nothing to right home about. I hope it all works out for the folks who are into the windows ecosystem.

Heretic1989

Write. The word is write.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

And some jimmy-shake-jiggle-pushing, I finally tricked #3 into updating, AND found an 4th older Laptop to upgrade, but had to format and start from scratch with it to get it updated.

0 Likes
Khines5705

I'm waiting on all you "bleeding edge" techie gurus to give Win10 a thorough shakedown before I take the plunge! I'm too skeered!