Wish me luck.
Tidbits
Legend

My boss graciously handed me this box...  I dual boot Arch Linux as well as Windows 7.

2012-10-31 15.20.27.jpg

I have used Windows 8 preview and also the dev version.  It bothered me, but didn't bother me at the same time.  My boss wants to see if it will be a permanent fixture within the company to use.  I have to really try hard an unbiased opinion.

Labels (1)
Re: Wish me luck.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know that I am certainly interested to find out how well Windows 8 will work with the professional environment. I always have multiple programs and often with multiple tabs too open at the same time with WinXP and Win7. I'm hearing things that it is quite different in Windows 8. Perhaps the Pro version offers the multi-tasking that people are used to.

Please let us know how it goes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tidbits you Know you got it from me Buddy give that  DUDE  A Work out it's never had Before.. If it give you the Fits the Little Guy i added will say it All Throw Computer  just funning with ya and i think it will score big Good Luck all the Way.. b 

Wish me luck.
Tidbits
Legend

I will let you know how it goes.  I told my boss if I chuck a computer out of the window I am not paying for it

B33
Legend

I thought you'd like it)  heck my old Antique system is still kicking Along and i'v had this Computer since 2009 with XP home Edition i do the updates from Microsoft and the Others) i haven't done a Clean or Driver Update Yet but it might not Hurt to Get in the Shop and do a Tune Up) What do you think Tidbits would it be Necessary..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

I know that I am certainly interested to find out how well Windows 8 will work with the professional environment. I always have multiple programs and often with multiple tabs too open at the same time with WinXP and Win7. I'm hearing things that it is quite different in Windows 8. Perhaps the Pro version offers the multi-tasking that people are used to.

Please let us know how it goes.

Multitasking is done differently.  You still have your desktop, but you have a left side bar as well.  If you are in "Metro"(they changed the name to something else due to potential CR issues) the bar is useful. I will take screen shots later.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tidbits wrote:

Multitasking is done differently.  You still have your desktop, but you have a left side bar as well.

I saw the OS in Costco today and wondered if I ought to go for it - I multi-task with dual monitors... would love to see some screen shots when you get a chance!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Will post them as soon as I am more familiar with everything. One thing that's pretty cool is if you have a multi monitor set up is that they have different wallpapers that rotate.

0 Likes
Wish me luck.
Tidbits
Legend

You know it's not as bad as people say it is.  If you know all the shortcuts it's no different than Windows 7 other than cosmetics.  Some shortcuts are different, but it's easy to remember what it does after a few hours. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey That's a Good Thing to Know..One thing i like about my Tower Tidbits it's a Custom Built type case and with the Adjustable Holes i can choose just about any board in as long as it fits in the caseSmiley Happy b33