Verizon is claiming they didn't receive returned equipment.
Wumpus01

My wife and I have been dealing with closing out my father-in-law's estate, and recently cancelled his home Verizon service (it took close to 2 hours... that's right, 2 hours... via the chat).  We were told we had to return the equipment (router and set-top box) within 30 day or we'd be charged for it, and were told we could return it at a UPS store.  That same day, Monday, Sept. 25th, we went to the UPS store and shipped the equipment out.

Today is Thursday, Oct. 5th, and my wife just got an email saying that they still haven't received the equipment and that if they don't by Oct. 25th, we'll be charged.  Unfortunately we can not find the UPS shipping receipt, but we do have the serial numbers.  I'm reading here that a lot of people are having this very same issue with Verizon claiming they didn't receive equipment that was sent to them.  Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?  If we get charged, I'll take them to small claims court if I have to, as this is just wrong.  My wife and I both have Verizon cell service, and if they charge us claiming that equipment was not received, we'll cancel our service as well.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Heyitsdj90

I have the same issue I returned Bose comfort ultra buds two on February 8 is when I shipped it back to him. They are still saying on tracking that it has not been received. It’s almost been a month if they do try to act like they haven’t received it. I will cancel all services. I have been a Verizon customer for years and do not appreciate this and I’m not willing to pay $300 for some headphones that I sent back

0 Likes