Google home mini not working
robacarr

Is anyone else experiencing a failure with Google home minis? Verizon upgraded my router (and later replaced that defective one with one in kind) a few months ago. Until that switch, my two first generation minis worked just fine. Since that switch, the minis do not respond to voice commands. It takes several asks before anything happens. Typically it says, "Hmmm...something went wrong. Try again in a few seconds." I repeat the ask...and repeat. It takes at least 4 tries to get a viable response.

I bought a 2nd generation mini last week. Same issues. Just for good measure, I can sometime reboot everything and get either generation device to work...for about 5-10 min. At that point, we revert back to the same loop as before. Just for fun, the 2nd gen mini may play music but not STOP when I ask it to stop. I literally have to unplug the device.

Is there a fix for this problem out there? I am at my wit's end. #google.com

0 Likes
Re: Google home mini not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robacarr,

I use voice commands all the time, so I can understand why this is a bit of a nuisance for you with the Google Home minis. Let's work on this together so it can work the way it's supposed to. To begin, what internet service do you have with us (5G Home Internet, Fios)? 

-Ryan

0 Likes
robacarr

Hi Ryan,

We have Fios and 5G. I have already spent several hours working with various Verizon folks trying all of the steps they can come up with. I have re-booted and exchanged routers. I have hard rebooted every mini I own several times. The results are the same each time. None of this was happening before the initial router replacement a few months ago. So far, Google has been no help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info and for the troubleshooting steps you've completed too. Typically, if an issue hasn't been resolved with troubleshooting, Verizon would take the next step by initiating a Trouble Ticket to help. May I ask has there been any damage to your Google Home Mini device?

-Robert C.

0 Likes
robacarr

Hello,

No, there hasn't been any damage to either of the two minis I own. Additionally, the new mini (for a total of 3) that I bought has the same issue as the first two. For that reason, I do not believe that the minis themselves have any damage. The problem only started to occur after the initial upgrade of my Verizon modem a few months ago.

It would make sense to me to open a trouble ticket. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always ready to assist at at moments notice! PleasePrivatee Message us we look forward to hearing from you! *Jorge

0 Likes
robacarr

I don't understand what you are saying? Are you opening a trouble ticket for this issue?

0 Likes