I can't enable 2 factor authentication
Anonymous2022

Hi! I went to two factor authentication in my verizon account using my laptop and I wanted to enable two factor authentication but it doesn't let me. In bold it shows "Enable two factor authentication" and underneath it shows "Mobile Numbers", "Enable", and "Disable". And then underneath that it shows "Cancel" and "save changes". When I put my cursor over "mobile numbers", "enable" and "disable" I can't do anything. I can't click on them. Also I can't click on "save changes". I can only click on "cancel". What should I do? Thanks for your help!!!

0 Likes
Re: I can't enable 2 factor authentication
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried to close the browser and clear cache? Have you ever been able to use the two-factor authentication in the past? Once you clear cache, and opened a new browser, please try the following link: https://secure.verizon.com/signin?goto=http%3A%2F%2Fmyvpostpay.verizon.com%3A443%2Fui%2Facct%2Fsecur...

~Ivone

0 Likes
Anonymous2022

Thanks so much for your reply!  I tried on different computers and even my ipad and it did not work.  Funny thing is when I logged in to my verizon account on the devices it verified me by sending me authorization codes to my cell phone.  Does this mean two factor authentication is already working?

Please note that when I sign in to the verizon app on my cell phone, it doesn't verify if it is me.  Is this normal? is there any way to verify it is me when I sign in to the verizon app on my cell phone?

Thanks very much for your reply and have a great day!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Based on what you told us, you are set up with two factor authorization. The app will only ask you to verify once you want to access account details, and you can set up biometrics like FaceID or your fingerprint (depending on your device) for verification. ~Peter

0 Likes
Anonymous2022

Thanks again for your quick reply! sorry for asking the same question again...

So how do I know if the verizon app will verify it is me on my google pixel 5?  Yesterday I logged into my verizon app on my pixel 5 and looked at details but it never verified if it was me.  Is this because it's my phone so it already knows it is me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, the Verizon app will allow you to review the home screen on the My Verizon app. If you try to look at your bill or change account details, it will ask you to verify. Also, once you verify once, it will not ask to verify for a few hours. ~Peter

0 Likes
Anonymous2022

Hi! thanks again!

On the Verizon app I looked at my bill and account details and it never asked me to verify.  All the verizon app did was ask me for my password in the beginning...it didn't send me a authorization code to my phone...is this normal?

so if a criminal were to want to login to my verizon app, could they potentially download the app on their phone and login with my password and they wouldnt need to verify?

Please let me know.  Thanks!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Please tell us a little more, do you usually sign off from My Verizon at the end of your session? Are you logged in as the Account Owner or as an Account Manager (authorized user)?

~Maria

0 Likes
Anonymous2022

Thanks again!

I do not usually sign off from My Verizon at the end of the session.  I just close the app.  I think I am logged in as the account owner.  I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we wanted to check if you still needed assistance. If you still need assistance, you can select the following link: https://secure.verizon.com/signin?goto=http%3A%2F%2Fmyvpostpay.verizon.com%3A443%2Fui%2Facct%2Fsecur...

~Ivone

0 Likes