Needing help with cancelling NFL+ Premium subscription from +play
dkot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I enrolled in NFL+ Premium (Seasonal) & Netflix Special Offer through +play.  I need help to cancel the NFL+ subscription.  I have tried the following to cancel the subscription and have been unsuccessful.

1. Using Manage for +play (where I see all my subscriptions including NFL+)

2. Via Verizon chat support.  After over an hour, they were unsuccessful and suggested I search for +play support contact via Google.

3. Contacted NFL+ support which have stated I do not have an active subscription.  They also stated Third-party purchases can ONLY be canceled through your respective biller accounts.

How do I cancel my subscription?  Can someone provide a direct contact to +play support?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

108 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having problems canceling your NFL+ Premium. We'd love the chance to help you out and we'll send you a Private Note shortly.

~Jesse

0 Likes
dkot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, private message resolved the issue.  This can now be closed.  Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. How are you trying to cancel your subscription? What is the exact NFL promotin you have? 

~Ivone

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20231022_171605_Chrome.jpg

I'm trying to cancel the NFL + Premoum Annual. I've seen people post over 40 times they are trying to cancel this same thing and Noone ever replied with hoe to cancel it just a direct message

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. You can cancel the NFL+ Premium subscription at any time through the Manage page on the +play website. We recommend logging to your My Verizon account from a web browser and not the application: http://bit.ly/xB4iTcGo to the Manage page on +play. Within the subscriptions section, select the NFL+ Premium with Redzone subscription. To cancel the subscription, move the toggle on the tile over. You will see a notification that they are unsubscribed and will no longer be billed for the subscription.

~Ivone

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried this. There is no toggle option just as others have stated in this forum thread. 

Screenshot_20231022_172611_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no option to toggle off

0 Likes
NV303

Hey- so someone on the back end fixed this. They went into the +Play > Manage > Go to Netflix and toggle that one to 'Off'

Apparently the NFL subscription doesn't have a toggle off bc its tied to the Netflix. So you'll need to click the 'Off' toggle for Netflix. But don't worry because your Netflix is still good til the expiration date. You just turned off the auto renew for the free Netflix subscription. Hopefully that makes sense?

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I.dint gave netflix. I didn't do the netflix and nfl plus promotion. I just did the promo where nfl+ was 40% off. I only have nfl+ in + Play

0 Likes
NV303

Well shoot I'm not sure about that NFL+ only issue then.  I just remember not getting the option to cancel NFL+ in the actual NFL+ account nor in the Verizon account. Then I found out NFL+ was grouped with Netflix and somebody on the back end said I could only cancel NFL if I cancelled auto renew for Netflix. Like a pkg deal?

This was the most confusing and frustrating part of this whole free Netflix deal for me. I'm sorry I wish i knew what else to suggest to you.

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate you trying. The entire things is frustrating. It doesn't work. Can't cancel easily and every representative tells me it can't be cancelled which is obviously very false. This is gunna be a very long and frustrating issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dylclarke5 Thank you for that information. We want to help you with your concern. We will be sending a private note. ~Peter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help with removing your subscription. Let us know if you need assistance. ~Peter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send us a message if you need assistance. If you would rather contact us another way. Here's a great link: https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ -Joe

0 Likes
Dylclarke5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I still need help getting NFL plus canceled. I've had a ticket created but they just responded with information about NFL Sunday Ticket which is obviously a completely different service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dylclarke5, we want to make sure we're able to help you cancel your NFL+ Premium subscription. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can help.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Jmcasey513
  • @vzw_customer_support  please help me cancel mine as well I have already wasted 2 hours on chats with 3 people 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmcasey513, we want to make sure you're able to cancel your subscription without any problems, and we're going to do everything we can to help you. We're sending you a Private Message so we can help.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Suzyqt821
Enthusiast - Level 2

After weeks of dealing with multiple agents I'm still trying to cancel. One rep told me I am not able to cancel this subscription but need to wait and choose not to renew but was unable to state how not to renew. Another rept insisted this has to be cancelled through Google, which it does not even show up as a subscription though YouTube tv. I contacted Google who said I need to contact Verizon. The third rep insisted that this is not a Verizon subscription and I need to contact NFL. This close to the worst customer service I've experienced.  I just want to not be charged $400+ and cancel the promotional offer. I've gotten the "DMs" on this page from reps who ask when I can be contacted, I respond and no contact is made. How in the world does one just cancel the service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to make changes to your subscriptions.

The following link will provide you with all available information on how to make changes to this subscriptions. http://spr.ly/6606XoL48 ~Geo

0 Likes