Spending limit decreased
JoeAttica55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a verizon customer for a while, and I have financed 5 total phones through them over the course of about 5 years or so. I tried to buy a new phone today at my local store because the phone I'm currently using has a battery life of about 25 minutes because I  bought it (from verizon) back in 2018. Come to find out, my spending limit was dropped down to $0. This was crazy to me considering I had financed quite a few phones over the years. After some digging I figured out that I'm being penalized for a period of time that I had lost my job, and had to make financial decisions that were sound for the wellbeing of me and my family (rent, food, power, ect) and I let my phone bill go for a few months which led to deactivation of my service (which I was fine with, it came with the cards I was dealt) but since then, I have paid my account back up to current, and even paid off my device early. But yet I'm still being penalized for a period of time that is not a staple of who I am as a customer. I just think its outrageous is all.

3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Joe, 

Thank you very much for reaching us, I understand how important is to be able to buy with credit, our financial group takes decisions based on the financial history.

Thank you for contacting Verizon!

>Cintya

0 Likes
JoeAttica55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand the idea behind the algorithm, and in theory it's a good idea. But in practice loyal customers are going to get penalized for their hardships and get frustrated. I am quite frustrated myself because of this situation. It's nearly impossible to buy a new phone these days outright, you basically need the credit option with phones being $1k+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I totally get it, JoeAttica55. Times have been really hard over the past 3(sh) years. Are you able to buy and finance with a credit card? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes