Apple Music Suddenly Not Working
NikkiSalvatore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a plan through Verizon that has included unlimited Apple Music since July 2020. I have used Apple Music almost every day since signing up for it through my Verizon plan for the last 3 years. Randomly, in early February 2023, my entire Apple Music library disappeared and my phone itself no longer registered as having an Apple Music plan. In fact, under the subscriptions section of the phone, it suddenly said Apple Music was not even a part of my Verizon plan benefits. Absolutely nothing had changed with my account, but my Apple Music was suddenly cancelled and all songs from the last 3 years deleted.

Upon seeing this, I called Apple. They said it was on Verizon's end - Verizon had cancelled my Apple Music and there was nothing Apple could do. In fact, Apple didn't even show that my phone number was linked to any Apple Music account at any time. There was nothing they could do to help me, as on their end, there was nothing showing I should have Apple Music or that I ever had Apple Music with that phone number.

When I visit my account on Verizon's website currently, it shows that I am already enrolled in Apple Music with my current phone number. However, my iPhone 14 Pro  itself says I do not have any Apple Music benefits offered through my Verizon phone plan. If I try to unenroll through Verizon's website, it says they're an error and will not let me unenroll. However, on the end of a Verizon Rep, their screen shows I'm not currently enrolled in Apple Music. If the Verizon rep tries to enroll for me, it will not let them click past the Terms and Conditions page.

After speaking with Apple, I called Verizon. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon over the past three weeks. On 2/15, I spoke with Ron, followed by Shante. On 2/20, I spoke with Manny. On 2/23, I spoke with Tinikki. On 2/27, I spoke with Marvin, Vanessa, Maggie, Ebony, and Brandi. On 2/28, I spoke with Jeff. This does not include the numerous chat and text agents I have interacted with.  In March, I gave up remembering everyone I've spoken with because, really, what is the point.

In speaking with each of these people, we have tried the following:

- Turning my phone off and on again.

- Verizon sending me a text message with a link to enroll in Apple Music through my plan. It solely brings me to my account on Verizon's website and says that I'm already enrolled through my phone number.

- If I click unenroll for Apple Music on Verizon's website, I get an error message saying, "We have encountered an error processing your request. Please try again later." 

- I have tried enrolling / unenrolling on 3 different website browsers.

- Clearing my cache and cookies does not fix the problem.

- I have tried calling Apple while also on the phone with a Verizon rep. Nothing gets fixed and Apple only reiterates that it is a problem on Verizon's end and that they don't show that my phone number has any Apple Music benefit with Apple.

- Erasing and resetting my entire phone, including the eSIM fixed nothing.

-Erasing the Apple Music app and redownloading it fixed nothing.

-Verizon tried changing my plan to a plan that doesn’t include Apple Music and then putting me back on a plan with Apple Music - it fixed nothing.

-Verizon tried unenrolling me from My Online Verizon account and reenrolling me in it - that fixed nothing.

-Verizon tried looking into my old phone number from 2+ years ago to see if my Apple Music was connected to that phone number - it wasn’t and fixed nothing.

Each time I speak with a Verizon rep, they open a support ticket. Within 2 days, the support ticket is closed without anyone calling or saying a word to me and with no one having fixed my problem. I end up having to call back each time, take hours to reexplain the situation as you can never get in touch with the same agent, have the rep reopen the ticket, only for the support team to close the ticket again two days later without a resolution and restart the process.

Is there anyone out there who has any idea how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Side note - The majority of the Verizon Reps I have spoken with have been very nice. Shoutout to Brandi with the 80-acre farm and Jeff in the Arizona desert who each sat on the phone with me for half the day trying to help. I appreciate your effort!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple Music Suddenly Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we would need you again to send us a Private Note or chat in with us, so we can look into this and see if it is a issue we need to put a ticket in for. What I would look into is why Apple is showing your number was never attached to an account, which is not true you had it for years under that number you said. This is where I would need to look into it if is in fact a Verizon error or Apple did delete it due to them not having a record of your number on an Apple Music account ever! 

*Nicole

0 Likes
NikkiSalvatore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicole, I'm actually currently chatting with a rep, as I've done every day for the past few weeks, and they always simply stop responding after a few generic responses. A ticket has already been submitted multiple times and there are tickets open now. All the support team does is either close it with no response or type 'Need more information'. No matter how much information I type, those are the only two responses.

0 Likes
NikkiSalvatore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - 

To those of you having this issue, don't waste your time going into a Verizon store.

I went in to my local Verizon Corporate store yesterday to see if they could do anything in person, as was suggested to me by the final Verizon Rep I had spoken with over the phone. After entering the store, I  explained my situation, then without trying a single thing to fix the problem, they told me to call customer service. I sat in the store for 4 hours on the phone with customer service who transferred me multiple times within Verizon, then transferred me to Apple, who again said they do not show that I have Apple Music through Verizon with my phone number and that they can do nothing on their end.  I asked the in-store manager what to do next and all he did was call the Verizon Customer Service line from my phone again, handed me back the phone, then did nothing else and he left the store entirely. After he had been gone for an hour, with no one else in the store even offering to help me in any way, as I continued to sit on hold with customer service at the  4-hour mark, I finally left. 

@vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to assist you with any issues you may be experiencing with your Apple Music. Please send us a Private Note.

*Bri

0 Likes
NikkiSalvatore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did send a private note.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not see the private note on our end. Will you send it again?

*Harley

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, NikkiSalvatore! We would be more than happy to help you in any way we can today! Can you please send us a PM? 

0 Likes
NikkiSalvatore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already sent a pm, but will again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Nikki.

I am sorry about this situation about the Apple Music service. This is not the experience we want for you to have.

To better assist you, would you please share me any ticket number for follow up?

>Freddy

0 Likes