Apple One Unlimited - FAIL
baladrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my wife and I just joined Verizon, bought her a 14 Pro and myself a 14 Pro Max. Signed up for the Apple One Unlimited plan, and it’s been a complete NIGHTMARE. There’s been no way for us to actually activate our Apple one family plan. None. Contacted Apple multiple times with and without Verizon representatives IN PERSON next to me at the Verizon store and NOTHING. Verizon really needs get this together. It’s been 4 days now of “there’s an order pending please come back in 15minutes” on my account. It simply will NOT let me sign up for features that IM PAYING FOR. I’ve spent over 20 hours on the phone and chat and in person (at least 6 in person) at Verizon’s company store trying to figure this out with them and to no avail. Verizon simply has no idea it seems on what they’re doing when it comes to their CORe team or technical support. If they can’t figure this out, don’t sell a plan/ product you promised would do one thing and literally is a dumpster fire.

Re: Apple One Unlimited - FAIL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want for our customers, baladrin! In a few moments, you should receive a Private Note from us. Please reply there, so we can start looking further into this One Unlimited issue with you.

*Gabriel

0 Likes
baladrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve already contacted as high up as I can go (CEO’s office/ Executive Relations) and it STILL is not resolved. Oh well I guess. Verizon clearly doesn’t care about its service members or their families. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly want to help. Please meet us in a Private Note.

*Anna

0 Likes
Tomd45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m  curious if you got this taken care of.  I’ve been trying since 1-15-23 to resolve this issue. I’ve been lied to by reps and many broken promises. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is not the way we want you to feel, we can definitely help you by checking options Could you please further explain what is happening?

>Bella

ThatKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it hasn’t been resolved yet, I contacted customer support for the 30+ time yesterday and finally got a competent rep who has the basic understanding of coding, who took his time to go back and forth with me about what might be the issue and had the same thought process as me when it came to trying to switch to another plan then switch back to the One unlimited to see if that would force it through, it didn’t, but was a great though and suggestion. But he finally opened the right ticket to have this resolved and I offered to have the IT team connect to my phone via the Verizon app so I could walk them through it all and show them first hand. 
Same tech should be calling me tomorrow 3/3/23 to see if I got an update or to tell me there’s an update or at least the IT team knows the issue and are working to resolve it. 
Upon further research this issue goes back at least 8 months now and no one has any resolution. 

Tomd45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve had several reps tell me they were going to get back to me then don’t. I’ve been told twice, maybe three times, that it is a known issue yet no rep was able to tell me this until at least an hour on the phone or in chat. The many many others I been in contact with apparently are not aware of the known issue. Rep is suppose to re contact me on Monday. We’ll see.

I’m curious - you sound more knowledgeable about this stuff than I. Did you change from another plan to Apple one. I was with the more (?) plan. I changed because verizon one included AppleTV which last plan didn’t. I currently have a subscription to AppleTV thru Apple. I’m wondering if my subscription to Apple TV could have anything to do with this.

I’m very upset with all the incompetent tech people at Verizon.

Let me know how it goes today.

ThatKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I did change from another plan, the 5G Start plan to be exact, but when I changed I tried to enroll in Apple One and I didn’t even get the option originally. I’ve been going back and forth with reps since Feb 17, 2023 about this issue. Your current subscription shouldn’t be an issue since you’re paying for it through apple and your Apple ID the issue comes on Verizon’s side, couldn’t say what exactly as no rep has been able to see and their IT team doesn’t talk to customers. But I talked to Apple a few times and got escalated as high as they could and was told it was an error on Verizon’s side. Hopefully I’ll get this call back in about an hour with some more info. 
There’s an actual support ticket on my account saying there’s a scheduled callback so if they ignore that then it’s to the BBB we go. Only reason I switched was to have my apple subscriptions and phone bill paid at once and not have to worry about it.

0 Likes
Tomd45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday and today (Saturday) I tried again. I got farther than ever on the web site (not the my Verizon app). On the “welcome back” page, I click on apps and ad-ons. I scroll down and it says Apple one is included on my plan. Click on manage and it takes me to “Apple one individual” page. I scroll down and there’s an area that says “Continue setting up the individual subscription for Apple One with this line” and a box to click with my phone number. I click that box and then click “send link”. I receive a text message from Verizon saying “Verizon Msg: Start enjoying your Apple One Individual subscription, iOS 14.7 or later required. To activate, visit https://govzw.com/….”     

I click that and it opens a page in the App Store that tells me I have Apple one with my Verizon account. I click a box  that says “continue”.  That sends me to a page telling me that a verification code will be sent to this (my phone) number. I click continue and promptly get a message saying “this phone number is not eligible for this promotion”

I wanted to write this down so I have it when I call them AGAIN and thought I would let you read it.

Did you get contacted yesterday?