Re: 2021 Severe Service Degradation
rmcoleman16

I have had terrible service this year; I can hear other people talk but they can't hear me.  I visited a local Verizon store and was told the issue was with my phone which is IPhone XR.  He said I needed a new phone. Wow.  I simply turned around and walked out.  My husband has a different phone and he has the exact same problem.

Seriously thinking of switching providers - THIS WEEK!  I've had enough.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rmcoleman16 I'm sad to learn you have been dealing with this for over a year. Have you reached out to us to troubleshoot your phone? Is this happening at a specific location (indoors/outdoors)?-Dolores

0 Likes
TAMBUR0
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is because of your network priority. Verizon recently added "premium network access" to its more expensive plans. The rest of us who do not have the most expensive plans are lowest priority. Check it out on Verizon's own website https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

0 Likes
TAMBUR0
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is because of your network priority. Verizon recently added "premium network access" to its more expensive plans. The rest of us who do not have the most expensive plans are lowest priority. Check it out on Verizon's own website https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/. It's of course a feature that you will have to pay more for.

0 Likes
Adiaz110

I honestly don't know what's happened to Verizon's service but it has severely degraded in quality. I worked for Verizon for 15 years and all we did was tout our Root Metrics wins stating we had the best and most reliable network. There's no way that's possible anymore. I live in Queens and commute into Manhattan often, even with all the cell towers, I get 1 maybe up to 3 bars. The data speeds are trash and becoming reminiscent of 3G. All the billions VZ claims to invest into the network hasn't been working. Moreover, my speeds if anything should be improving. I still have a 4G phone and according to VZ, when 5G rolled out, it was supposed to alleviate strain on the 4G network because of the increased 5G spectrum and coverage. It's only gotten worse.... I literally have zero faith in Verizon anymore. I'm going to pay off my daughter's phone and switch to another carrier, which is something I never saw myself doing since I've had Verizon's service since 2006.

0 Likes
michigan98gt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to chine in with exact same issues with 4g. 

my thoughts: verizon is upgrading everyone to 5g, thus slowly pushing people off 4g in order to make them switch. 

it started, ironically enough, when new 5g towers were being installed and activated. No coincidence in my opinion. 

they want 4g freed up in order to monetize it by selling their access from the fcc to other parties, similar to what they did with government agencies using the old 3g. I.E….removing traffic from a network and selling the bandwidth to another entity. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we fully troubleshoot your signal concerns, Adiaz110. With what you have told us so far, we have a good understanding of your service experience. Have you been able to perform any speed tests? If yes, please share those results here.  -George

0 Likes
jstan01

The network priority thing sounds like the real cause.  My wife and I both have the same iphone model XR.  But her phone is on an unlimited plan, my phone is on a 10GB limited plan through my employer.  We are often sitting right next to each other at home, and her service is fine while I have "no internet connection" (even while showing 2-3 bars of LTE).  This has been going on for 6-8 weeks, and I have not reached my 10GB limit either.  I've rebooted many times and operating system is always up to date.  Incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no jstan01 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you are experiencing this issue as well and we are here to help. Are you having trouble in certain locations only or everywhere you travel with the device?-Candice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michigan98gt, change is something that we all experience each and every day. While we are indeed always moving toward the technology of tomorrow, the last thing we wish is for the customers experience to be less than the service they expected. You mentioned that you are having issues with your 4G services, though we have Unlimited plans with different tier priorities, as stated within the actual plan descriptions, we are happy to explore the exact issues that you are experiencing. Is this specific to data only or do you have an issue with calls and messages? You mentioned that this began with the addition of 5G towers, as we have not begun any shut down of 4G service, let's focus on exactly what you are experiencing. Do you receive an error message when attempting to use data? If not, exactly what speeds are you receiving> This may be checked by simply typing "Speed test" in the phone browser and running the test.   -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes