I have a 3g flip phone and have read the Verizon FAQ page about sending free 4g replacements. I think any of the phones Verizon is sending will be fine for me, a few quick questions:
1. Is there any reason to expect that I would NOT receive one of these phones?
2. Will Verizon send me an email when the phone has been sent, and is there some target date by which everybody will have been sent one?
3. The FAQ says I can stay on my current plan, which simply deducts $5 per month from my credit balance. The plan is described on my account page as $5-0MB-2021-PPU-PLAN - is it correct that Verizon will keep me on that plan?
Thanks for your help...
We know it's important to understand any and all information about the 3G to 4G LTE devcie upgrade. We would be happy to take a look at your account to see when you will be upgraded. We will be sending you a PM shortly.
Hi! I know you had some questions regarding the 4G LTE device upgrade. Did you already receive emails or mail stating that you would need to upgrade?
Hi Brianna. I received an email in December 2021 advising that 3g would be phased out and that I would need to replace my phone by the end of 2022. It offered some discounts on a few 4g flip and smartphones. I got the same email again a few months ago. I waited to act because I hardly ever use my phone. I don't really need a smartphone, and I didn't want to have to switch to a higher cost plan until it was closer to the deadline.
Last month I started researching again and I came across a few press articles dated the first week of July that stated that Verizon was planning on sending out one of three types of 4g phones, for free, to 3g customers. I also came across a few posts in these forums from people who had received the phones. And I found the Verizon FAQ page about it, which is at https://www.verizon.com/support/3g-cdma-customers/
So my original questions remain:
1. Any reason I would NOT be part of this program? I have not received an email stating that I will or won't be included. From what I read, people are being notified by email and given the option to opt-out, but I imagine this is being done in batches on some sort of schedule.
2. Is there a target date for completion?
3. Will I be able to stay on the plan that deducts $5/mo from my credit balance, or will I have to switch to a different plan?
Thanks for any answers...I just found my Private Messages box and there's nothing in it yet. Apologies if I jumped the gun with this reply...
Thank you so much for your details, and I understand your concern. I can definitely assist you with all your questions. Please send me a Private Message, so I can get your account verified.