Re: $800 Verizon Trade-in issue 2021-2022
joelmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am new customer.  I decided to take some time on my day off to see if my experiences were unique.  NOPE!  Thank you for the link to the FCC.  VZM_CS is unknowledgeable of the products and services provided.  They are unhelpful.  

0 Likes
tdridge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so happy I found this thread.  I went in and was told I would receive $800 for my trade in.  I clarified it was not up to but actual trade in value and it was confirmed I would receive the $800.   We did the trade in and first monthly bill was incorrect.  The bill was incorrect for items we were told we would receive, items on there we didn't agree to . . .   We went into Verizon and had it corrected.  2nd month billing was also incorrect and even more than the 1st months bill that was incorrect.  I was told on one of the many issues was that the $800 credit was not applied and now they were charging me for it.  That was not what we agreed to.  Verizon store said they fixed the other issues where we were not receiving our discounts and reapplied the $800 credit.  I asked what makes you think this will go through.  They communicated to come back in Mar'23 if there was an issue still.  After reading all the issues everyone is having with the exact same thing where we are guaranteed the trade in value but then Verizon is not honoring it, I am 100% sure this is still not going to be corrected.  So disappointed because we have been with Verizon for over 20+  and was willing to go elsewhere but with this deal that I received (or thought I received) I was like nope we will stay.  This is extremely bad business practice "Verizon" and extremely difficult. I (we) shouldn't have to deal with the fraudulent promises this major company is offering but not honoring.  I will definitely be using all resources provided to stress my concern (s) to have this fixed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know about this situation, we want to make sure you get the service you deserve, please send us a private note to further assist you.

>Jorge

0 Likes
tdridge
Enthusiast - Level 1

not sure how to send a private note

0 Likes
tdridge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still waiting on how to send  a private note to customer service (Jorge).    Concerned this is the customer service I am receiving when I went into the verizon store 3 times with billing issues and trying to address the $800 credit

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

To send a private message, click on the username and then click send message.  

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.08.57 AM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll send you a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes
jkennedy78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.

On the phone again today with Verizon today.  Identical story to others and feels like a bait and switch.  Traded in two phones back in December of 2021 and January of 2022 and each phone was assigned an $800 credit.   

Three times over the past year, I've received emails stating the promotions would be removed as a result of changing my plan.  I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY PLANS ONCE IN THE PAST YEAR.

So, I call in, explain the situation to the CSR's, they see that I have not changed plans, they see that I should be due the credit, and I am assured they would not be removed.  THEN THE CREDITS STILL GET REMOVED.  I call back in, explain it all over again, and the CSR's reverse the chargebacks and re-instate the credits.  

Each time they assure me this was a mistake, and it will not happen again.  EACH TIME IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN.  I am now facing an $850 bill because I've again been charged back ALL of the credits received so far, and the promotions have AGAIN been removed from my account.

Isn't customer retention the whole objective of promotions to begin with?  In my opinion, the inability to get this right is going to cause Verizon to lose more customers than it retains.  This may the most frustrating experience I've had with a wireless provider, and I've had plenty of frustration.

How many people don't even notice the chargeback, or don't call back again and again when it keeps happening.   It seems like these promotions are being used to lure customers in only to have them rug pulled on some technicality after the fact.  MISLEADING AT BEST, FRAUDULENT AT WORST.

SHAME ON VERIZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS.  

0 Likes
jkennedy78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe have finally got some traction.  

Sounds like Verizon at some point changed the 5G play more plan to 5G play more UW, which is  triggering the system to think I changed my plan when in fact the only thing that changed was the plan code (by Verizon, not me)

Additionally, somewhere along the line someone mixed up the phones I traded in, and removed the fact that one was a loyalty offer.  This caused the amount I was eligible for to keep getting downgrade by “revenue assurance”

Theresa, the rep I spoke with today l, helped discover both of the issues which seems to be causing most of the headache here.  

She is working to fix the billing, and I’m hopeful this will be put to bed, because none of it was a result of anything I did.  

It’s silly that it’s taken a year of multiple calls (a dozen or more) and endless amounts of frustration to figure this out.  I have to assume  amount of effort Verizon techs and managers  have spent on this could have paid out my promotions twice over by now.  Forget the fact they nearly lost another customer to boot. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, Kennedy!

I am truly glad to read in your next post that you already got a solution to this issue.

If you got any doubt or concern, please let me know, I am here for you!

We are available 24/7 just for you!

>Juan

0 Likes