I recently purchased a device from you and tried porting a number. The porting was done to a wrong account at Verizon and I lost access to the number. I contacted your support. The issue took roughly 7 hours of calls and waiting on calls to resolve. These are my notes:
- on each call I was transferred at least twice, up to three times
- on some calls I was holding for 50 minutes, all the way until "music" went silent without anyone responding
- operators sometimes transferred me with no warning or explanation
- once I got transferred, held for 60 minutes to get to speak to a person who told me they need to transfer me to someone else
- on some instances I was put on hold and call terminated 30 minutes later, this happened multiple times
- spending time trying to connect to support person, only to be given digital assistant which does not help - "for my convenience" as you say
- getting transferred to "digital assistant" after asking for "agent" twice in menus, getting a text message sent to number which is not active
After identifying the problem your team transferred me once again, the call went silent after 30 minutes. When calling again I was told your support has closed for the day. There was no other way for me to reach someone to help me get my number back.
This morning I spent another hour, mostly trying to get through to a human instead of a "digital assistant" sending link to my non-working device. Even request for "agent" and confirming with "agent" lead to digital assistant getting activated.
Furthermore, I encountered bunch of glitches and misleading information when trying to get the issue solved:
- trying to click "Sign-in -> Register" on your website didn't work
- your "chat" feature asks me to login in order to get help with activation - but I'm unable to register, or login, as the number doesn't work
- when trying to call your support from phone I get "calls cannot be completed and advised to call *611"
- calling *611 tells me the same error and advices to call *611...
- posting on this forum with a account registered without a number did not work - I've gotten various login errors, 500 errors, can send screenshots
Altogether, I've spent 7 hours resolving issues caused by your company. I'm really surprised how complicated it was to get help. You can find various notes from your support on my account's notes.
Can you make this right?
We’re honored that you are a Verizon Wireless customer, Vladimir. The details you’ve shared are most helpful. I can’t begin to express our gratitude towards you bringing this experience to our attention.
For it is without feedback that behaviors, procedures, and systems go unchecked. Improvements can be made with two-way dialogue. The time it took to resolve the ported number on the wrong account on top of transfers would not sit well with me either. Are there issues still now that are open? We want to be sure to bring closure.
After another set of calls the next day - and then one more to get my account work with permissions to setup auto pay - it's now working. 7 hours wasted.
Connectivity itself is worse than T-Mobile. I used to have latency around 30ms with minimal jitter and 4g speed around 90Mbit in San Francisco. Your Verizon 5g speed is about the same, but latency has 120ms jitter. Which makes it unusable for playing online.
You advertise "Ultra-low latency." and "The fastest 5G in the world 25x faster than 4G.". That's simply not true at all in my experience.
Oh, no. We want you to have excellent overall service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.
And the story continues. My trade-in is not going well.
You sent me a trade-in shipping package. I promptly returned the device the same day. It was delivered to you on December 18. On December 19 you sent me an email stating “We still haven't received your device”. I sent you a reply to the email saying you did indeed receive the device. And never heard back.
When trying to check trade-in status online it doesn’t show anything.
So I suppose also this process is not working as expected and will require more calls and time from my side? How is it possible that the most basic things like receiving a trade-in don’t work smoothly?
There chat is similar to call just get script reply had 4 reps in chat yesterday all repeat the same script seems that's all you get I have had reps sit silent for hours maybe took a nap on calls had 3 this month go silent a supervisor 8 hours one I can go on I'm sure they just laugh at us as they look down on us
Absolutely. Their teams are understaffed, undertrained and not empowered to do much independently. My lesson is clear - go back to T-Mobile when possible.
- T-Mobile staff is well trained, doesn't bounce you around and cares
- T-Mobile 5G network runs on a separate frequency not shared with 4G LTE and has high speed, low latency and decent coverage
- T-Mobile is cheaper and prices include all taxes and fees = no surprises
Even typing this message wasted my time, system forced me to re-login and all the content was lost.