Adding features to account without persons permission
Mishie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it illegal for Verizon to add a feature to a persons account without the persons permission? It happened to me tonight when I looked at my bill and it wasn't on there on my last bill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding features to account without persons permission
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You are on a device payment plan. You are required to retain service on that device while on the plan. You can opt to pay the device off in full now and then you can cancel service on the tablet. It's that simple. Unfortunately you can't utilize a carriers device payment plan and not have service. The moment you cancel service is the moment that the full balance of your tablet will be due.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you the only person on the account? Are you the only person with authority to make changes? What is the charge for? You don't give a whole lot of information.

0 Likes
Mishie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I am there was a 30 dollar charge for my tablet that shouldn't be there. Verizon put it there without my permission because I didn't do it

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you recently get this tablet? If so...are you sure this isn't the data charge that you have to have on the tablet line? If it's under a 2 year contract it has to have a line of data. If that's not what it is then what does the info for the feature say?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Again, you don't give much information.

Is this a new tablet? Did you get the tablet for free when making a purchase? Are you aware that when you accept such a tablet, Verizon requires you to activate it on a line of service with a monthly fee for a specified period of time. If you fail to keep it active for this period of time, you would be liable for an ETF.

Did you simply purchase the tablet? With a plan.

If you would simply provide the information you have instead of having to ask you questions, it wouldn't take so long to get to the bottom of your problem.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Mishie
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not under a 2 yr contract it's under the device payment plan and when I made a change to my account in Jan the rep told me I was only paying for the device payment.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Again...is the charge for a data plan? Did you not have data before? I believe you have to have a data plan while on a device payment plan also. Might be wrong about that though.

rcschnoor
Legend

Purchasing a tablet on a device payment plan still requires you to have an open line of service with data allowance on that tablet. You don't want a cellular plan and/or data cost, either purchase it at full retail up front or purchase a wifi model.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wan tot make sure your bill is correct. What feature was added? Do you have any Account Managers on your account?

CarleyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mishie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mobile broadband for my tablet go 30 bucks. I've been trying to get help from you guys to get rid of it the past few days with no help

0 Likes