Re: Adding features to account without persons permission
rcschnoor
Legend

Simply pay off your device payment plan. Then you can cancel your mobile broadband charge for that device. If you cancel the mobile broadband account on that device, Verizon will simply present you with a bill for the balance due on the remaining payments.

Verizon is not in the practice of financing device purchases if you do not plan to retain service on that device throughout the time you have payments on it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You are on a device payment plan. You are required to retain service on that device while on the plan. You can opt to pay the device off in full now and then you can cancel service on the tablet. It's that simple. Unfortunately you can't utilize a carriers device payment plan and not have service. The moment you cancel service is the moment that the full balance of your tablet will be due.

0 Likes
maryorlandi2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.   I received an email that said we have added the feature that you requested.   They then charged my account $17 a month for insurance on my husband's phone.    We did not request this addition.    I also received a letter from Verizon "verifying" this request.   Noting that they charged my account before I had time to respond to the "verification."     I immediately got onto my account and canceled the insurance but they then wanted to charge my account for the day that it took me to get it canceled.    When I called Verizon the representative said that it was authorized through Chat.     Again, I did not request nor did I authorize any change to my account.   I asked to speak to a supervisor and my request was denied.     The representative just kept insisting that I added it through chat.    1)  I do not use chat to communicate with anyone; and 2) we never wanted insurance on a secondary phone.      I believe that this is done by Verizon to a lot of people and they just make more money when people don't watch their bills closely.    This is fraud at its best.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're concerned to hear that this feature was added to your services. Do you have any Account Managers on your account? Has the charge been removed?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Chiero
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in a phone today. Without my permission,  a $17 Device Protection Plan was added to both of our phone lines and also without my permission,  the line of the new phone was changed to the more expensive 5G Do More Plan from the 5G Start Plan. If this nonsense happens again, I will switch cell phone provider. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Chiero! Our goal is to provide you the best experience. Please send me a DM and allow me the opportunity to assist you as you deserve.

>Alex

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! We are always happy to help. We can see how these got added. If certain Promotions were applied to your order for a Discount the plan actually may be a requirement, and changing back could cause any credits to stop, Please reach back out so we can look into this with you. We do want whats best for you!

*Heather

0 Likes