Re: Apple Music Signup Issues
Pissov
Enthusiast - Level 2

Russell guy - I only have one ticket opened. The problem is Verizon reads from a script, then searches a local knowledge base and then bangs head. I asked for this ticket to be escalated but the person needed to keep me on the phone for hours wasting both our time.

I was able to identify the problem and it has to do with registration process of the AppleID and the IMEI with the Verizon backend. Reading from the other posts that once you type in any AppleID on a qualifying phone/plan and enrolled in Apple Music then it takes your free subscription and binds the two together. Apple doesn't see this process only Version does. Now here is the kicker is that they (at least every person I talked) has the know how, ability or access to do this. Clearly this is a Verizon issue. If they could only undo the paring then the enduser could re-sync .

"if there was some faster method involved then we certainly would have gone through that by now." I found the problem so how long will the fix take???

Pissov
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get my last line registered. I have a total of 5 lines. This might get a little convoluted. I use phyical SIM cards but this isn't tied to a SIM card because two SIM swaps were performed.

So for reference:

Device 4 = Mine

Device 5= Daughter

4 worked flawlessly but the 5th had an issue. All separate Apple ID's and IMEI's but when my daughter went register she was using my Apple ID for other reasons. Everything registered fine and it was working. I launched Apple Music from my phone and it was working under my Apple ID that my daughter registered on her device but the thing is I wasn't even on Verizon at the time. hmm

Fast forward - I moved my line to Verizon, Unlimited plan and Enrolled in Apple Music. I had my daughter sign out of my Apple ID and login with hers so she could use her own plan, playlist, etc. And this is where the trouble begins. You get one activation per Apple ID and per IMEI. Once it's used there is no way to reset this from the consumer end and apparently Verizon Customer service is clueless. My previous posts show that I enrolled and unrolled dozens of times, talked to VZ and Apple for several hours.

SO....on my device that I never activated/registered an Apple Music account because it was done on my daughters device using my Apple ID, I logged in under her Apple ID, clicked on the text message link that Verizon sent, verified my Apple ID and it worked. It did take a reboot and making sure I was completely logged out of my account on Itunes. I logged out of her Apple ID and logged back in with mine and it was still working. I had her login with her own Apple ID and it worked!!

Once you register an Apple ID on a device, with the plan and enrolled then it used it's ONE activation. In my case my daughter subscribed to Apple Music on her device with my Apple ID and I subscribed to Apple Music on my device under her Apple ID. We then switch back to our own accounts and it has been working since.

Hope this helps and applies to your scenario.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, it breaks our heart to see you in this dilemma, we want you to enjoy the Apple Music service. How were you able identify the problem? Have you been updated with the ticket resolution?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Dav8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same with me . I have spent hours on this, even wiped my phone. Nothing will fix it. Very frustrating!! Please let me know if someone finds a fix to this. Thank you 

0 Likes
Dav8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having exact same issue! Very frustrating!!! Can anyone help?

Dav8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried to reach an agent again via chat and they refused to take any responsibility and forward this on to a higher level agent. I explained that I’m pretty certain the problem lies in their system in the back end as it must be showing somehow that my Apple ID and/or phone number is associated with a membership already. they refused to help and send me to Apple which can’t help because I don’t have a subscription through Apple it’s set up through Verizon. When you look at your Apple ID it will show no subscriptions because your subscription is set up through Verizon but they refused to take responsibility and help. I have wasted days and hours on this and I’m really frustrated. Guess it’s a good thing they make you buy your phones on a payment plan to get the discount so you’re locked in to stay with them for years because they know their customer service is terrible!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dav8, we would love to fix this as soon as possible. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information. However, we would need more details to provide you the correct solution. Please reply to our private note for further assistance. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Dav8! This is certainly not the way we want you to feel. Our intention is to help you in the best way possible. Can you please tell us a little more? you have your Apple ID signed into any other devices? Do you have more than one Apple ID that you use with your devices?  

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Dav8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am only signed in to my watch and my iphone with my Apple ID. It is the only Apple ID I have but I do not recall even putting it in when I first started my account back in November which was on my android phone I had at the time. Perhaps when you sign up for Apple Music through Verizon with an android you don’t need to put in the Apple ID. If I did put it in I know I would’ve use this one because it’s the only Apple ID I have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Dav8, we appreciate you working with us. There are some things that we need to check on your device to be sure that it is set up correctly. Please make sure that My Verizon app is up to date, if an update is available please install it. Just to be sure, are you experiencing any issues with your data service?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes