Arizona, Network Time, DST
gekko59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Verizon Wireless,

My phone correctly places me in Phoenix, which is in Arizona.  Arizona, as has been well established for many years, does not "do" Daylight Saving Time. Imagine my surprise to find my phone, which has "Use Network Time" and "Use Network Time Zone" both checked, had been automatically moved forward an hour.

Please correct your "network" settings to allow for places like (most of) Arizona and, I believe Hawaii, which do not observe Daylight Saving Time. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Arizona, Network Time, DST
Not applicable

you an manually set the time zone for Arizona time

0 Likes
gekko59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I know. Thank you.

I am venting, not seeking the quick fix.

THe long fix is for Verizon to fix it.  That way, when I travel, I will not have to manually set  my time.  Then manually set it back.  Etc.  Like in the old days, before we had network time.  Right?

Wouldn't YOU want it to work they way it ought to, and has for, what, 10 years now?

But I don't have the patience to work with Customer Service, doing their silly "chat" thing, or whatever. So.  I vent. Here. On a forum.  I presume VzW techs sometimes look at these things.

Not applicable

You don't have to keep setting it back. Set it to AZ time and it will be the right time when you are in AZ.

0 Likes
gekko59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sirguy,

Really, I appreciate that you want to assist, I do.  But your answers are not necessary, nor are they the correct ones.

When I travel, I want my phone to show the time of where I am.  My phones have been doing this for quite a long time now. I have had to do nothing.

This represents a change. It is an error on Verizon's part.  Verizon can fix it, and probably will, eventually.  I do not need a work-around. I am clever enough to figure out my own work-arounds, anyway. 

But thanks again for your kind responses.

Grumpy0ldMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. It's really irritating and it seems to happen every year. When I googled the problem I got hits from 2011, 2012, and 2013. Time for the tech guys at Verizon to pull their heads out of their behinds and FIX the damn problem!

KevboAZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure why this continues to be a problem for Verizon to realize this is an ongoing issue. Set a reminder in their system not change AZ for DST.

0 Likes
LUKRIT15

Four years later and they still haven't fixed it. All of my google calendar appointments for next week show up 1 hour off, but only on my verizon phone.

0 Likes