Bad Customer Service and Military Discount Fail
adam16197
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am beyond frustrated with Verizon. I am a Veteran and I have been with Verizon for many years. When I first signed up with Verizon, I was received $40 off because of my military service. When I finally left the service, I ended up getting a job in the telecommunications field. Anyway, my employer told me I qualified for a Verizon discount, not knowing which discount was better so I filed for it. Well you turns out, I didn’t qualify because I had the unlimited plan, so they didn’t include my new employers discount. However, Verizon had the audacity to completely void my military discount and then make me pay an additional $40 from the previous military discount. Then when I provided all my paperwork of service then gave me my discount back, but the new discount rate was $20. Instead of $40. I was grandfathered into that discount and it was a long ongoing battle with Verizon customer service. Eventually I gave up, because how awful Verizon has treated me as a customer. Their reps are rude and could care less if I save an additional $20 a month in my pocket. Unsure what to do anymore. I might just bite the bullet and pay off my phones, so I can switch over to another carrier. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Customer Service and Military Discount Fail
adam16197
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: Verizon did call to tell me that my grandfathered discount will return back to my account. Unfortunate that I wasn’t back paid, but beggars can’t be choosers. I am now satisfied and will be staying with Verizon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, adam16197. We want to thank you for your service and we apologize for this experience. Our goal is for you to get the appropriate help with this matter. We recommend reaching out to our validation center using this link: http://spr.ly/6605JUTyz You can chat or send them an email to address this concern. We are confident that this team will be able to assist you with addressing this concern.

-Gerson

0 Likes
tleachus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, they're back at it again. I'm getting the Veterans discount but have been notified I'll loose it unless I reregister. Went to the website they referred me to and it totally failed. I know what's up. They thank me for my service and then pull the plug and hope I won't go thru the hassle that's required. Guess what. I'm going in to a Verizon store and have them sort it out. This occurred on 10/25/2022. I'm not switching. Make them have to do the work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First and foremost, we appreciate your service to our country. I'm also a proud Military Veteran too. 

As always, our customer's feedback is greatly appreciated. We certainly don't want you to feel that you're not being appreciated. Quite the contrary. The re-validation process for the Veterans Discount is not intended to inconvenience you or any of our proud Veterans.

This process is done rather quickly, and we'd like your help to address and resolve your concerns about continuing to receive the monthly discount. We only ask that you work with our offline team that reviews the Military Discounts so that we can get this taken care of for you. Traveling to a Verizon store will not get this resolved.

Let's continue working together. Information about the revalidation of the Military Discount was sent to you, via email. Please review the information provided, as it will help in this matter.

Please keep our team updated. We'll be more than glad to assist you further, if needed.

Thank you for your time and patience.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
adam16197
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: Verizon did call to tell me that my grandfathered discount will return back to my account. Unfortunate that I wasn’t back paid, but beggars can’t be choosers. I am now satisfied and will be staying with Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that. Thank you for the opportunity to correct the discount on your account. We hope you have a wonderful weekend.

*Haley

0 Likes