Bad customer Service
MGMEGAX

My Galaxy S6 Edge just went black while I was using it and would not turn on. The battery was no good. It was not lost, stolen nor did it have any physical damage and because I kept my my in great condition, it was not covered under the insurance I paid 8 dollars a month for. I spoke with several representatives and brought it to a Verizon store. They all told me it was a manufacturer defect and that they could not help me because it was 4 months over the manufacturer warranty expiration. They forced my hand in getting a new phone even though I did not want to. The insurance I paid was absolutely useless. This is not fair Verizon. I'm very upset. I've been a loyal customer for years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad customer Service
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

You know, Asurion Insurance handles the insurance for Verizon.  They are a separate company.    With that being said, I have heard several customers say that Asurion refused to cover manufacturer's defects with full coverage insurance plans.  This is very baffling to me because if you lose the phone it's covered, or if you run over it or drop it in a lake it's covered, but if the manufacturer has a problem it's not?  That just doesn't make sense.   

Honestly, it sounds like somebody needs to file a class action lawsuit against Asurion for refusing to cover damages under a full coverage policy! 

With that being said....    you have 14 days to change your mind, so if you don't want the phone, then return it to the store!       And I'd call customer care at 800-922-0204 and see if there is anything they can do to help you get your phone covered by Asurion.   

Good luck!  What a frustrating problem!     

0 Likes
Re: Bad customer Service
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP said that the phone is 4 months past the manufacturer's warranty, so, the 14 day rule would not apply.

If the signed Asurion contract states that manufacturer's defects are not covered, then, that is their final answer.

If the S6 Edge cannot be opened by a repair facility to access the battery, then, the next step is to purchase another phone.

0 Likes