Calling Canada
mackpine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing significant difficulties connecting with anyone in Canada. Even if I manage to establish a connection, the quality is so poor that we often have to terminate the call and redial up to five times before achieving a stable connection to sustain a conversation.

Moreover, lately, when attempting to call multiple individuals in Canada, all I encounter on my end is silence, with my own voice and noises echoing back at me. Although the call appears to be ringing on the recipient's end, I can't hear anything. It takes 3-6 attempts before I can successfully establish a connection. This issue persists regardless of whether I'm on 5G, 5GUW, LTE, and across all the areas and cities I travel to, indicating that it's not isolated to a particular location.

I've already submitted two support tickets to address this problem but have only received generic guides that seem to place the blame on my location, device, or the absence of WiFi calling. As a result, I'm effectively unable to utilize a crucial feature of my plan, which includes unlimited calling to Canada. Resorting to FaceTime audio is not always an option, especially considering the network's frequent inability to support such calls.

I've just submitted another ticket. If the resolution provided is unsatisfactory, switching providers might become inevitable. Unlike my previous carriers—AT&T and Boost—I never encountered such issues. It's truly disappointing.

Re: Calling Canada
Gordon969696

Same issue

any resolution???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gordon969696, we're sorry to hear that you're having a similar issue with your calls to Canada. We want to make sure that you're able to make calls without any problems, and we're going to do everything we can to help you. Is this happening with all calls or just calls placed to Canada? Is the quality better when they call you? 

~Jesse

0 Likes
dhoffman7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue and it's getting worse.  Here is some wierd experiences.

1) Call quality is poor if it connects at all

2) I can hear them, but they can't hear me

3) The person I called says someone comes on the line and starts talking with them.

Phone: iPhone 14 with iOS 17.4.1

Other attempts to debug.

1) Doesn't happen when making a wifi call

2) Called multiple phones in Canada and it's consistent.

3) Never happens while calling domestically in the US.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dhoffman7, thank you so much for this info and my apologies to hear of your experience. I see you stated it doesn't happen when you're using Wi-Fi Calling but just need to confirm, you mean when calling the Canadian number while using Wi-Fi Calling, it works fine, correct? What is your zip code? 

-Natasha

0 Likes