Can I buy an older flip style phone and use that instead of my iphone to lower my monthly bill???
JS84713

I am hating how expensive my plan is.  Even with changing my plan to use less and less data, I still feel that my plan is too expensive.  I have a LG VX9400 that I want to use instead of my Iphone 4.  Is it feasible to change over my plan this way or will I be charged an crazy amount of money to switch this over because I may need a new plan overall.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I buy an older flip style phone and use that instead of my iphone to lower my monthly bill???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on now?  If you are on a Nationwide family or Individual plan, you can move to abasic phone and drop the $30 data plan, saving $30 a month.

If you are on the newer Share Everything, or More Everything, moving to the basic phone will drop the cost by $10 (from $40 line access to $30 line access).  You may also be able to lower the data allowance and save more $.

Let us know what plan you are on now, and we can give more accurate answers as to how much you can save.

0 Likes
Re: Can I buy an older flip style phone and use that instead of my iphone to lower my monthly bill???
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Being an iPhone 4 you could do one of 2 things. If you're NOT under contract you switch to a pay as you go plan with either phone. iPhone would be a $60 a month plus sales tax. This is if you are not interested in getting a new smartphone. If you stick with basic phone there are other options.

0 Likes
RKR619

Yes you can.  I have done it several times when I was originally using my iPhone 4S.  Last summer when I was furloughed by the Federal Gov't. I did it to save money.  During that time I saved additionally by buying a brand new flip phone on ebay and then activated it in place of the iPhone.  Also to keep my contract from ever being extended again I only buy my phones new on ebay, (latest phone is a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9930, and I certainly didn't pay the $500 retail Verizon is charging Smiley Happy)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JS84713, we want you to love everything about your wireless service. You have the option of activating that LG VX9400 on your mobile number online here: http://vz.to/12m2lHL Once that basic device is activated, you will be provided with the option of changing your plan. Which plan do you currently subscribe to? Are you on one of our new MORE Everything plans? http://vz.to/W24dla

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes