Canceling cell phone plan while still owing on Verizon credit card
gentilevc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to cancel my cell plan with Verizon but I still have a Verizon credit card. Can I still have a credit card with Verizon or do you need to be in a current contract? Will I have to pay any credit card balence off before I stop by wireless service?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Canceling cell phone plan while still owing on Verizon credit card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I just found the necessary information. If you cancel your Verizon service, your Verizon Visa Card stays active but you won’t earn rewards, discounts, bonuses or Verizon Dollars.You can still spend with your Verizon Visa Card everywhere the Verizon Visa Card is accepted and pay off any remaining Verizon Wireless bill amount with your Verizon Visa Card as you do with any other credit card. Just let me know if you have any questions.*Justin

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning. Thanks for reaching out today. We certainly want you to know if you can use he credit card with out an account, and I'm here to help. It would appear you still need an account. I will souble check for you. Would this be for accessories and such? *Justin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I just found the necessary information. If you cancel your Verizon service, your Verizon Visa Card stays active but you won’t earn rewards, discounts, bonuses or Verizon Dollars.You can still spend with your Verizon Visa Card everywhere the Verizon Visa Card is accepted and pay off any remaining Verizon Wireless bill amount with your Verizon Visa Card as you do with any other credit card. Just let me know if you have any questions.*Justin