Cancelling my Verizon Wireless service
Tan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Verizon: I quit.

Please be advised that I am terminating my Verizon Wireless contract effective 03/26/2021. All my devices are paid off and I have no balances for service provided. Verizon already discontinued the service on my account on 03/23/2021. If you have any questions about the charge assessed by Verizon in error, please contact my credit card who is conducting the investigation and is eagerly awaiting the requested documentation from you. I have attempted to cancel my contract in good faith by email, phone, mail and in person. In each case, Verizon logistically prevented me from doing so. This letter serves as my official notice of termination.

To fellow consumers: beware.

Verizon charged me for something I did not order and it took me a while to notice. When I did, I asked for a refund. Their response: they are going to keep my money because I did not catch them sooner. Several hours on the phone with multiple representatives – no luck. I called my credit card, explained the matter and they immediately issued a refund. Verizon then issued an overdue charge on my account and suspended my service. I am physically unable to call them or email them – the robots keep saying that I must pay before I may speak to anyone.

Sad thing: my family were loyal Verizon customers for 17 years… would have easily been for 17 more, if not for this appalling and unlawful treatment.

Re: Cancelling my Verizon Wireless service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's terrible to hear you've had so much trouble with this situation, Tan3. We appreciate you providing so many details with the notice for terminating service. To be clear, we can only disconnect service voluntarily with account verification. We would love the chance to help resolve things with the account while we do have you. To continue, please send us a Private Message. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Tan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your quick response. Can you please show me how to send a private message? I click on your profile, Message, Private Message - still not sure how. Did a search for this - was not able to find.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Tan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good morning. I am still waiting to hear - please let me know how I can send you a private message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tan3, we apologize for not sending you a private message much sooner. We want to make things right for you and can help address your account concerns.

We've sent a private message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Tan3. Our records show we sent you a Private Note last evening. This comment was from a couple days ago. Did you receive our Private Note? 

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Tan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, thank you. I got the  message. I followed the instructions and was told that that is not the right medium and I must go via Twitter or Facebook. I sent a message on Facebook as instructed, awaiting response. 

0 Likes
Tan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a Facebook message from Verizon Wireless. I am unable to respond. Every message I write to them (no matter what or how much, even if it's just one word "hello") gets an error message and does not go through. I have not had this experience with anybody else on Facebook.

So far I tried:

- by phone

- in person

- by email

- by chat

- by Facebook

What do you suggest next?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tan3, we are concerned to hear you are having issues messaging us on Facebook. Are you sending a Private Message to our profile at VZWSupport? Is there a particular issue you are having other than the Facebook Message that we can assist you with?

-Joshua

0 Likes
tlh99

I have been on hold for over a hour. I wish to cancel my Verizon service.

Is there another way to do it?

John F

0 Likes