Re: Carryover Data Scam?
mama23dogs
Legend

The problem of employees misrepresenting the plans is valid.  I don't know what percentage of customers do any research.  I know most walk into Verizon or ATT and ask questions and expect to be properly informed. 

As we know, most customers don't bother until there is a problem. 

There's a saying, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".  So should we be warning cell customers that unless they have a bottomless wallet, they should be doing their homework As well as asking questions? 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No but it's all coming around. Lots of people have complained about "being scammed" when buying cars so now they read contracts carefully before signing and do research before buying

We have heard lots and lots of stories over the years about people "being scammed" by the mobile phone industry. I don't understand why people are not using the same due diligence when buying a mobile phone and plan.

mama23dogs
Legend

Because the industry treated us like sheep for 3 decades.  LOL. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What the industry did was give everyone everything that they wanted for so long everyone thinks that is how it should be.

You broke your phone? No problem....we'll get you a new one and it doesn't matter that you're still under contract.

For so long, when the industry was new, that is how it worked. People got trained into thinking that they should get what they want. Carriers needed to hold on to customers. They NEEDED to hold on to customers.

The problem now it that is not the case any longer. They're fighting to attract new customers in a saturated market. This is why plans are changing and we get better deals on rates and features. However, there are rules and the carriers will be sticking to them.

I can't stress enough that the rules are clearly defined and a little reading will help to get an understanding. I am more inclined to think that anyone who complains about the programs and TOS is someone who didn't read the information and misinterpreted what a rep said. Just because people come here and say that a rep told them something that ended up being false doesn't mean it is so. It is more likely that they only heard what they wanted to hear. In addition, no matter how we explain that VZW is modeling the CarryOver data exactly after AT&T's program they don't care. They saw the AT&T offer it, they got up in arms and begged VZW to offer it, VZW did exactly what the customers wanted and it's not good enough? No way! I won't listen to that.

If they think it is so bad a deal, they should switch to a carrier like T-Mobile who is now offering Unlimited and then they wouldn't have to worry about how much they'r using or carrying over from month to month.

RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

I understand it but you don't like what they are giving you at no charge.  If you are unhappy with the service plan, then go somewhere where you are happy.

I am thankful that I get the carry-over data!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

This has been the best comment in the history of comments on this forum.

mama23dogs
Legend

sprmankalel

pherson

You might like this...

Wireless Service: 10 Things You Need to Know! - AT&T Community

1 and 2 echo sprmankalel. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I like that whole article. I have said everything in it.

mama23dogs
Legend

Thanks, I wrote it. 

reddeviltj
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not how it's been working for me.  I only receive roll-over data every other month.  I have two homes and need my mobile hotspot for my internet connection at both.  Verizon doesn't cover where my northern Michigan home is so I end up using pretty much 0 GB while I'm there and go search for wi-fi connections in restaurants when I really need to do something.

I changed my plan in July on the 14th. 

This isn't working for me since I am not getting what I'm paying for as they say I am.

Verizon is the ONLY cell phone company I have ever used and I would rather not change since the other companies don't have reliable connections in the rural down-state home where I spend most of my time.

This past service month I spent 3 weeks up north and only used 3 GB of my 16.  They say I rolled over 4 GB by the time my month was over.

At the end of this month I will probably still have data left but it will be gone, paid for by me, never to be seen again.

Verizon fix this, please.