Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I file an online complaint?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Complaint
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Click on Contact Us and get the mailing address then write a letter, put it in an envelope, write the mailing address on the envelope, affix a stamp and put it in the mailbox.

View solution in original post

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What kinda complaint- phone- service-connection-?

0 Likes
MICH-B
Enthusiast - Level 2

Service

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You can post that here and maybe someone on here can help you either here are can direct you to the right place to go.

0 Likes
MICH-B
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you kathy65793. I'd rather have it sent out to the complaints department I don't want to disclose agents names in this forum.

0 Likes
MICH-B
Enthusiast - Level 2

My whole issue is with the switch from Sprint to Verizon and on how the process went. It was very dishonest.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Well you can't put names in here but you can just explain what happened I have seen a lot of post in here that people have had trouble with things and they do come back and say they have gotten it settled. Good luck with what ever the problem is.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Click on Contact Us and get the mailing address then write a letter, put it in an envelope, write the mailing address on the envelope, affix a stamp and put it in the mailbox.

MICH-B
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

0 Likes
MICH-B
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 10/23/2016 my husband and I walked into the Verizon store.

The store representative approached us and asked if she could help, we told her our provider at that time was Sprint and we were shopping for Plans and were curious to see if Verizon had something better to offer.

The sales representative went over plan prices and then asked if we would be interested to do a switch from Sprint to Verizon. The representative then went on telling us that if we would do the switch on that same day, Verizon would then be offering us a credit of $650.00 and would take care of what we owe to Sprint.

I told the representative that we had 2 IPhone 6 S that were on a lease and we still owed Sprint $352.00 for each phone, also we told her our 3rd line IPhone 7 with Sprint was under a 2 years contract and we would have to pay $350.00 if we would end it. The representative told us not to worry about the Sprint fees, since Verizon would be giving us credits ($650.00) it should be more than enough to cover all the costs and pay off each line’s fees plus we would have extra money from the credit to put it down towards the new phones Verizon would be giving us as long as we trade in our old phones.

The deal was too good to be true for my husband, so he asked the agent the same question twice just to make sure if we would do the switch, Verizon will pay off our remaining instalment fees on the first 2 devices and the $350.00 to end the contract with Sprint, and asked her Verizon would trade our phones for an upgraded IPhone 7 with no charges or additional costs? The representative was very confident and confirmed that we would not owe Sprint a Dollar since we are getting the credits for the switch and all we would have to pay were the $200.00 in taxes for the new phones, so we went ahead and did that.

Before we left the store the agent also advised us to bring the bill we would receive from Sprint to her after the switch so she can apply all the credits and we would not have to worry about a thing. My husband still being careful asked her for the third time since now we did the switch, if we would get all 3 IPhone 7 and Verizon would pay what we owe Sprint for the buyout and WE would not have to pay any additional fees to Sprint, and of course the sales representative again with confidence replied back and told us that this was all part of the switch deal and that Verizon would take care of all the fees, including our 2 x $352.00 plus the $350.00 for early termination fee. The sales representative continued on and told us it’s a win win deal since everything owed to Sprint would be taking care of by the credit Verizon is offering us and on top of that we would still have from that same credit about $300.00 each from the $650.00 that would go towards the new phones. As good as it sounds we went ahead and did the switch, just to find out later on it was all a scam.

Today, 11/09/2016, my bill from Sprint was $1071.00 so my husband and I drove to the store where we did the switch and asked the same representative to apply the “promised” Verizon credits towards our Sprint bill so we would not owe Sprint anything. To our surprise the representative told us all we were getting back from Verizon was a $376.00 credit and that the rest of the credit was used already and applied towards the 3 IPhone 7 we leased from Verizon.

OKay, I was in complete shock and asked her as to why she is contradicting what she assured us the first time we went to the store when we asked her not once, but 3 times if Verizon would pay what we would owe Sprint if we would do the switch and I asked her why she is stating something completely different than what we were promised the first day. The agent started of course to break down numbers as to where a $300.00 credit was applied towards the phones and she never mentioned anything about us getting a credit towards our Sprint bill and to me that was so wrong so I asked to speak with a manager and the manager went ahead and stated the same thing I heard from the representative that all the credits were applied towards the phones and we were not getting anything back but a $376.00.

Verizon is a very large company and I am sure it cares about its reputation. I have no issues with the service and I would really like to be a loyal customer to Verizon but it’s really a shame to lure customers in by telling them everything would be taken care of when in reality none of what was promised was fulfilled.

Today I felt stupid, misinformed, lied to, and completely misled by your Verizon sales representative.

If I knew the first time I walked into your store that I would be paying my previous carrier $1071.00 out of my pocket just to do a switch with you I would have not signed a single contract.

It doesn’t make sense for me to do a switch by ending up paying $1071.00 in installment fees owed and early termination fee, when I would’ve been paying the same amount of money to Sprint and actually own my phones.

Very costly and dis-honest switch that’s all I have to say about this transaction.

I hope Verizon is not doing that to all their new customers because that’s not right!!!

The fact that I was assured and promised 3 times by your agent that Verizon would be paying off everything I owed in phone fees to Sprint and not fulfill its promise upsets me.

I would really like to hear a response back from Verizon on why I was lied to and I was not informed on what it would honestly cost us to do the switch.

I also hope your representatives in the future would stick to facts instead of sugar coating deals just to get customers to sign a contract.

Verizon needs to do the right thing. I was misled into doing this COSTLY switch and at this point I am really looking forward to an answer back from Verizon.

Thank you!