Data Rollover
mleonard93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon planning on offering a data rollover plan anytime soon?  It seems like it would be fair to the customers seeing that we pay for limited amounts of data each month.  We should be able to carry over what we don't use at the end of the billing cycle seeing that we paid for it.  It use to be done with minutes and now I see other providers offering data rollover.  It would be nice if Verizon would follow their lead.

Labels (1)
Re: Data Rollover
Weth
Legend

Verizon never had rollover minutes, and will not likely have rollover data.

Of course I like the idea and would love to have rollover data, but that would decrease Verizon's overage profits. So I do not see them offering it. AT&T, which did offer rollover minutes, has not even offered rollover data and they would be the logical one to do it first.

mleonard93
Enthusiast - Level 2

T-mobile just made the announcemnt this morning that they will be offering it to their custmers.  I was on a rollover plan with ATT and I kept the same plan my entire time.  Some people will raise and lower their plans and I could see how that may impact their profit.  I would even pay slightly more $5 a month'ish for a rollover data plan.  I think it's worth it.

Tidbits
Legend

Even though AT&T had rollover(was actually a Cingular thing. Cingular bought AT&T wireless. Changed their name to AT&T wireless and was later bought by AT&T which I find hilarious) they had an expiration date. You couldn't keep it indefinitely. So if a month or two had big xhunks you could lose it at a prime moment where you may need it. Seen this happen on AT&T boards where people lost 800-1K minutes and had overages.

10linesLoyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure there could be some legal action that can be approached with the help of the FCC. We pay for that data and it's a shame that Verizon can pocket that left over data that we rightfully purchase. If you think about, when you dine at a restaurant you have the option to take your food home with you, why? Because you paid for it. I think it would be logical to either charge at the end of the billing cycle for the amount of data used based on the pre-existing tier of data pricing. I mean  when you spend 130 dollars for 30 gigs and you only use 20 gigs is it really fair that Verizon just made extra money for something you paid for and is then is return stripped away from you? I think not. If all Verizon Customers would speak up I'm sure we could get their attention and make a valid point that they should not get more money for nothing when we don't get something for nothing.

Weth
Legend

First I would love roll over minutes, and it is a great marketing offer. 

But do not fool yourself into thinking there is a legal case against Verizon. The contract is clear you are paying for up to your limit to use in that month.   If Verizon offers the deal, and I have my doubts they will, it will be pure marketing and not for any legal reason. 

mleonard93
Enthusiast - Level 2

And to add to it 10linesLoyal, if you use more than your plan be sure that Verizon WILL charge you for going over!  How is this fair???  You pay for to much you get hosed....you pay for to little aaaaand you get hosed also.  I just saw that AT&T adopted the data rollover plan, although it's a feable attempt because you can only carry it over for one month.  REALLY??? what good is that garbage?  If Verizon does decide to do data rollover maybe they can do a data reset every 6 months.  I think that it would be fair to the consumer.  Any thoughts?

skabsteele
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that we should keep what we pay for.  With AT&T offering to buy out of contracts and offering rollover data it is extremely tempting to switch carriers.  It is something that I will be looking at for my family.Data Rollover

marve979
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that would only be fair since we are paying for that amount every month we should be able to bank the left over amount each month especially when we get charged by the gb in overage when we only go a couple of mb over some months that would greatly help us prevent overages each month.  Since family base will not even catch the usage right away sometimes and I am finding myself giving us an extra gb in reserve for that very reason, I should not have to pay for something that I am not going to get to use since it is Verizon systems set up that causes me to have to pay for it out of pocket each month and not be able to reserve it for the 2 year contracts that I sign on to.

abdiziriel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to see that too. Tmobile is doing the rollover data and ATT. I don't count Sprint since their data service is really bad, at least on my area. But back to the topic, Verizon should consider to add this feature to customers. I agree totally that if we pay, lets say for 10gb and use 9, we should keep that extra gb and added to coming months. We should get what we pay for.

0 Likes