Data Spike
3pinkangels

Has anyone else notices data spikes in their bill? We have 24GB of data a month for 5 people. In the past 18 months we have NEVER gone over. We hit 24GB in April of '19 because 4 people were traveling. So move ahead to last month when it says we used 41.22GB of data. 41.22GB!!! Which just happens to be the 24GB for plan and then the 17.22 we had in carry over, pretty lucky it was exactly what we had(insert eye roll). So this month we are only half way through and already down to 26% data left with 17 days left. I tried to chat with someone yesterday and they said it was whatever was on one of the phones(apps, using more data), BUT nothing has been changed on any of the devices.  Most months we come no where near close to 24GB.  They also said I can check my data usage on verizon wireless, but today conveniently that seems to be the only page on myverizon that is having issues today, so I can't go through and look at them. 

I posted on my FB and have had at least 5 other people from my area say that they to  have data spikes on their bill. People who used only about 10GB of their plan every month now are almost up to 24GB half way through the month. 

Is anyone else seeing their data usage go up way more than normal?

0 Likes
Re: Data Spike
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

3pinkangels, 

I can see why you would be concerned with spikes in your data! I know how important it is to be able to track your data, so you can manage your usage and ensure you are staying within your plan. Due to Covid-19, many people have changed the way they use data, and their data usage may be different from the way it was before. Please reply to our Direct Message, and we can look into your specific situation and assist further. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
3pinkangels

We aren't using our data any different than before, if we are it should be less as we are home with WIFI instead of out and about. As I said I am not the only one who has noticed that their data is way more than it ever has been. I have used my phone as a hot spot in a few of the months and still didn't use as much as you are saying we used the last 2 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

3pinkangels,

Seeing your data go up and not knowing why that is happening is definitely concerning. We want to get to the bottom of this for good. Does the usage show that one phone in particular is using more or that all of them are? What type of phones do you have?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes