Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Re: Degradation in Signal/Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANAORO97, we always want you to have the best possible service and would never want to lose you.  Let’s turn this around.  When did this first start?  How is your service in other areas/towns?  How often are your calls dropping?

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BodyDoctor, we completely understand the importance of being able to get the best service possible. Can you please provide us some more information on the troubleshooting steps you have taken? This will help us make sure that we can go over all the appropriate steps needed to find a solution.

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
chestnutd

I'm in the same boat. We’ve had a drastic drop in our LTE signal in the past couple months. My family has 3 recent iPhones, all used to get strong LTE coverage all over our house, now all drop to 3G and 1x. Download speeds on the Home Fusion router fell from the normal 20-30 megabits/sec download to 1-2mbs, and dropped connections are frequent.

I’ve waited several weeks to see if service would come back to normal, but it has not. We’re in a rural area, and depend on these devices for internet. Between the 15GB “mobile hotspot” cap on the marginal Home Fusion system and the inability to use the phones as hotspots anymore (due to the poor signal), I’m quite frustrated.

0 Likes
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

chestnutd We understand the importance of having the best network. I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing at home. Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. Building structure and materials can affect your service around the house. To assist you with having a more consistent indoor experience we have different options. Please visit our “Signal Concern Resolution” page http://vz.to/2sl5M5j for additional information. Does this provide clarity?

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
fosgate3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed a drop in signal quality over the past year as well with my Note 4 and today, I can't even make a phone call out of my house without the signal crapping out on me---and I live in the 9th largest city in my state. With as much money as we pay, you'd think the signal quality would be perfect. I get so sick of being ripped off.

fosgate3
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know, your answer would make so much sense if ChestnutD wrote something along the lines of "hey we coated our house with sheet metal and now we don't have a signal" but he didn't. He's in the same building he's been in WHEN USED TO GET GOOD SERVICE. It's not the building or the materials...it's Verizon. Your signal quality is garbage. Fix it.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

fosgate3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is probably why that guy who used to be the spokesperson for Verizon left and went to Sprint. I wonder if they can hear him now...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fosgate3, we expect our customers to have nothing but world-class service. I'm sorry that this has not been what you've been experiencing as of late. How long has this been an issue in your area? Can you please provide me with the closest intersection and city that you're having troubles in?

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
patma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

IN NJ with same problem. Tech support explained that verizon is changing {upgrading LOL) wireless service, **bleep**!!!!!

Solutions? Use wifi calling (which is a real pain, at least in my experience, and not what I am paying for). Pay $250 for an extender. We did this but then found out that it only works with certain phones, not all, even brand new Motorola 6G not supported.

Then we found out that T Mobile offers free extender for all 4G plus phones. So after 30 years with Verizon they will lose us (2 accounts), and likely our family and friends who are having the same problems with calls.

Great knowing you, Verizon.

JamesLondon

Luckily in Raleigh NC the service is still very good all over. I’m a contractor and drive all over and I have had no issues over the last few years  

But in Kissimmee and Orlando where I’m vacationing?!?! It’s like I’m in a war zone. My I-phone works zero here. I’ve drove to Orlando and back and all around Kissimee and the service is beyond a joke all around here. My daughters brand new I phone 10 is just as bad as my 9 months old 8 plus   

Thats why I found this forum. 5 days in Orlando and I want to throw my phone away. I’ve missed calls, texts, emails, been driving and lost convection with google maps.

If I lived anywhere near Orlando I’d get a new carrier ASAP.  

0 Likes