Re: Device Payment Plan
Damian6669
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do look at the math so how about stop treating me like I'm an idiot. I already done the math and I also compared bills between me and my friend on AT&T and yes his bill was cheaper with the next 12 plan and device payment. That's all the proof I need. Don't be a keyboard warrior and claim you know it all when you just look it up online. Look at a real bill from each provider. Why do you think Verizon is losing people everyday? The competition is fierce and they doing all the better plans than Verizon. Not to mention the messed up service and slower internet that's going on. But also far be it for me to say that I guess people making 20,000 and less a year with kids doesn't deserve to have a nice phone I guess we should just settle for what we can get and get over it. Spoken like a true republican

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can leave politics out of this.  Those people on 20K or less might look into more responsible uses for money.  ATT Next uses a 30 month option..so each month WOULD cost less in device payment amount vs Verizon's 24 month plan.  Government phones...they make calls and send texts too.  Also, a nice phone doesn't have to cost $850.....several good ones that get the job done for $150-$300.  Prioritize man.

Damian6669
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I pay my bills and I do just fine on my income and yeah I like to get a phone worth having. If u buy a cheap phone then you get what u pay for. I like mine to last and yeah I want some higher end things like most people. Who doesn't that's why I work for what I got. But someone who has been with a company for a while should be done a little better. Verizon doesn't need the money so why be so expensive and not help the ones who pay them out instead a new 2 year plan that's disguised as no contract and easier. That's all I'm saying. I've compared bill to bill and saw first hand the price so that's all I need. I will encourage anyone else to compare your bill to an att customer and you will see

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If all you look at is a single monthly charge and not looking at the total cost of ownership over the life of the contract, that does not necessarily prove anything. Contracts can look cheaper based on the monthly bill, but in actuality are usually more expensive.

The fact is some things will be better for some than others, but the only way to know what is better for you is to do the calculations for your particular situation for the entire 12 or 24 month course. Even with 12 month upgrades, it is usually better to compare 24 months to get the true costs of upgrading every year.

Loquat gave great advice on planning for next years upgrade to maximize your residual value and keep your costs low.  Fact is you can get a new phone every year for significantly less than the Apple plan or the ATT 12 month plan.

Try to keep it straight up and quit the personal attacks. It just makes it look like you are losing.

There is a big difference between having a nice phone and "deserving" (your words not mine) a brand new $800 phone every year. If you have kids, make less than $20,000 a year, and buy a new $800 phone every year that is just financial incompetence. There are better priorities. Leave out the politics which has nothing to do in this conversation.

Weth
Legend

Damian6669 wrote:

I will encourage anyone else to compare your bill to an att

customer and you will see

I just took your advice and looked into transferring my service to AT&T. Apples to apples comparison, same amount of data, same phones, same tablets:

Verizon: $185 taxes included

AT&T:  $280 taxes not yet included.

Ok, end of that comparison.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Damian,

Please don't take it personally, and I'm only mentioning it because you already have..but you can't bring politics in just to sway your argument.  Also, I'd like to point out that there are so many folks who use the low income excuse...and it's not fair.  Verizon has a right to charge whatever they want...it's a free country.  And as consumers we have the choice of patronizing their business or to go elsewhere.  I'm not saying they're not profiting but trust and believe that network infrastructure isn't cheap to build or maintain.

As for your comment about "low income"...there is plenty of work in this country if you look for it...the problem for most is that they can't find work that they want to do with the pay they think they deserve. If it were me, I'd scrub floors at 2 full time jobs to make ends meet and I certainly wouldn't create more debt by trying to keep up with items coming out of Silicon Valley.  There just isn't many excuses that hold water in my opinion.  Unless your incapacitated or have a true mental/learning disability, there is work.   And I'm speaking for myself when I say that if where only making $20K/year with kids, the iPhone wouldn't even come close to making a list of things to buy.  I'd have the cheapest landline I could find and people would have to contact me the old fashion way if they wanted to communicate with me. 

Damian6669
Enthusiast - Level 3

Point of it all the new plan sucks edge was better with 50% pay and trade. Was cheaper and allowed everyone to upgrade yearly until they phased it out. And also no personal attacks was done but you seem to have tried to on me. It's ok I voice my opinion and nobody has to like it just get over it. But still no phone should be set for certain classes except for custom ones. And if you think 20,000 a year is not enough to get an iPhone u have flawed thinking lol. 20,000 is plenty but it shows how some people think about certain classes.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Name me one state I. The US that 20King doesn't put you on  welfare or living with your parents. A single person with 20K can't live on their own without relying on someone that in turn that money per year for a phone deserves to be used for something else.

US Military low ranking pays that much, but you do get free room and board + medical. You are relying on tax payers money similar to welfare. This is coming from a person who has served and I won't sugarcoat that simple truth.

0 Likes
Damian6669
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have welfare nor do I receive any assistance. I live in nc and I do just fine. Own a home and got a good car. 15000 and under gets assistance but I make 12.00 an hour so I don't need it. Still have the wrong style of thinking. But anyway I'm done spent too much time in this. I'll probably do the apple plan and be off contract with Verizon all together so I will still pay less. Thank you good day all

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Damian6669 wrote:

Oh I pay my bills and I do just fine on my income and yeah I like to get a phone worth having. If u buy a cheap phone then you get what u pay for. I like mine to last and yeah I want some higher end things like most people.

Yes, we know you want your phones to last... a WHOLE YEAR before you are done with it and want to trade it in for a newer model and start all over again with your payments . I like my phones to last, too, except that normally means well over 2 yrs. I wouldn't EVER consider having a phone 1 year a hard thing to "make it last", even a cheap one.