Device Trade-In Credit No Longer Being Honored
SEAEAS98

My fiance has been on my plan for a couple years now and we recently decided to transfer her off to her own individual plan (for personal reasons).  She recently traded in her Galaxy S6 for $300 trade-in credit towards a new Pixel phone.  The trade-in was approved, and she started to receive her credit incrementally last month.  However, now that she has switched to a new plan (still with Verizon), we are both being told that neither of us will receive the $300 credit anymore, and they are keeping the phone!  I understand that there is always fine print in any agreement, but this seems downright dirty; especially since neither of us was informed this would happen until after she made the switch!

I have been a loyal Verizon customer and staunch advocate for years, despite many people constantly telling me how evil they though Big Red was.  I even had to convince my fiance to join my plan, although she wanted to stay with T-mobile (she left because of poor signal coverage).  However, I am now beginning to see what other have warned me about.  We are now both left feeling like this is theft and another case of "big corporations" not caring about their customers... Which is really unfortunate.

I had to actively convince her to stay with Verizon when she split from my plan, and now I do not see why she should stay when her old phone has been stolen from her and nobody at Verizon is offering to help.

Has anyone else had this same experience?  Twitter and other social media show a very large number of people who are also dissatisfied with Verizon's trade-in program.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Trade-In Credit No Longer Being Honored
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to clarify, your finacée shared a plan with you, did a trade in, and the credit for that was applied to the account (your account) over two years?  You said "The trade-in was approved, and she started to receive her credit incrementally last month."  It was YOUR account that was receiving the credit, but applied to her line.

Did she stay with Verizon when she got her own plan, meaning a transfer of service from your account to one in her name, keeping the same number?  Is your account still getting the credit?  Her line is no longer on that account, making it complicated.  Moving to her own account, still with Verizon, doing a transfer of service, it would seem that the purchase agreement and trade in would follow her line, but the agreement and credit was actually in YOUR name,as it was your account, so maybe it didn't transfer.  And no w that line is no longer on your account...  I would call in and see if you can get a supervisor or manager to discuss this with - someone higher up MAY be able to get this rectified.

0 Likes