Device payments and billing cycle changes
denicecatlett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon changed my billing date (7th) and then offered to change my billing cycle so I could have my billing date (10th) be around the same date I have been paying on since 2009. When I received this month's bill it was $545 and I was told that I had to pay two device payments (for 4 phones) per Verizon's policy when you change your billing cycle. Has anyone else experienced this? I have attempted to retrieve a copy of this policy but have been unsuccessful.

I spent two hours on chat this morning with no resolution... suggestions???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device payments and billing cycle changes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your bill due date changed, but your billing cycle date didn't. When you requested to change your bill due date back to your original due date, then the billing cycle did change.

While I was tempted to change my due date back again when mine had changed, I decided against it. In some of the earlier threads discussing the billing date changes, there was some question about the device payments, but I don't know if there was a consensus on if you would be double charged for two payments as part of changing the billing cycle dates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

denicecatlett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann,

Yes, Verizon changed my bill date and from the 7th to the 4th. When I called they offered to change my cycle so that my bill date would fall on the 10th (because the 7th wasn't available). When I received the June bill it is $187.44 higher. They advised that when you change your cycle you have to pay for two months of device payments. Conveniently, Charlie told me that they tell everyone this information. I guess he was listening to the conversation when I spoke with the lady on the phone that offered to make the cycle change for me (sarcasm on my part). 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Denice

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denicecatlett,

We want to make sure that all manner of clarity is provided regarding your bill cycle changes. When you manually change your due date, this also changes your device payment due date. The good news is that this also accelerates your device payments without extending the agreement, meaning you'll be able to upgrade sooner.

The disclosure for this, along with a revised device payment schedule, is included in the "Need to Know" section at the end of your billing statement. You can access your billing statement by logging in to MyVerizon through this link: http://spr.ly/6586DgiA6

Does this provide the information you are looking for?

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
denicecatlett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the information and being apparently the only person at Verizon who knows where to find the information.

However, the Verizon representative that offered to change the due date for me (I did not request it I just wanted to know why it was being moved to a different date) did not tell me I would be required to make two device payments. Also, Verizon attempting to spin the two device payments does not appeal to me. It actually pisses me off. I had to make a payment on FOUR devices. So attempting to convince me that this is a better thing because I can upgrade earlier is not appealing.

Thank you for your time. Have an awesome Tuesday!

Denice