Discontinued Price Correction
DennisC461

Hello all!

I wanted to see if anyone has run into a similar issue. Last year I updated my contract with Verizon, in doing so I was quoted a price that was agreed upon. After receiving my first bill I noticed that pricing was slightly off, as such I contacted Verizon. After explaining my concern I was provided with a manual correction to my account, adjusting the total to the agreed upon price. I was told that this correction would be made for 12 months, after which I would just need to call in and get it extended for another 12 months to ensure the price quoted is the price received.

I recently noticed that the correction was not being made, so I contacted customer service again. I shared the chat transcript with them that outlined all the detail from my previous conversation, including the instruction to call back in to get the correction extended. I was told that they would make the correction for this year however they would NOT extend the correction through the next year, and could not provide a reason why. 

The only thing that has me scratching my head, well that's a lie a lot has me scratching my head here, this isn't a promotional discount that was awarded for a specific time frame. This is a correction to the account to match the quoted price. The other issue is that I have the transcript that shows that they had promised this correction to extend through the entire contract and now they are not willing to fulfill this promise. I have never experienced anything like this before and feel like I am being unfairly treated. 

I don't want you to think that I am bashing Verizon. I am a long time customer and have been pleased with their service to this point. However, this is not a insignificant amount of money and it hurts. 

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes