Do I keep my 2gb of bonus data if I make a change to my data plan?
DALHAV77

I recently got 2gb of bonus data for life when I upgraded to my S7 phone. Now with the new Verizon plans offering 2gb of bonus data per line I'm looking at switching from the XL 16gb plan to the L 8gb plan. Since I have 4 lines on my plan and with the extra 2gb per line I would end up with the same amount of data as before at a lower cost. Can I keep my 2gb of bonus data as well as the 2gb per line on all lines if I make the change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I keep my 2gb of bonus data if I make a change to my data plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DALHAV77 We want to make sure correct details are provided when it comes to our promotions. Let's answer your question. As long as you have atleast 8GB of data on the New Verizon Plan and Device Payments on each line, yes you will keep the extra 2GB per line. Does this help?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 2gb bonus data PER LINE is only if you upgrade to a device on a payment plan for that line, or add a new line of service.  You already have a new device on one line, so would not be able to get another 2 GB bonus on that line.  And if the other lines are not eligible or you are not ready for new devices on payment plans for those lines, you won't get the bonus 2GB  for those either.

0 Likes
DALHAV77

That's not how it's being advertised. From what I can see it's 2gb per active line and my XL 16gb plan is showing that I have already earned 2gb of bonus data on each line, all I have to do is accept it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

DALHAV77 wrote:

That's not how it's being advertised. From what I can see it's 2gb per active line and my XL 16gb plan is showing that I have already earned 2gb of bonus data on each line, all I have to do is accept it.

You mean the way they are advertising the following?

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

With the following disclaimer at the bottom of each:

"Additional taxes and other fees apply. Plan cost per month, plus $20/month per smartphone purchased on device payment. 2GB bonus data/mo/line for each new smartphone activation or upgrade purchased on device payment for as long as line remains active on the new Verizon Plan size L (8GB) or above. 2GB/line bonus data does not carry over."

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DALHAV77 We want to make sure correct details are provided when it comes to our promotions. Let's answer your question. As long as you have atleast 8GB of data on the New Verizon Plan and Device Payments on each line, yes you will keep the extra 2GB per line. Does this help?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes there is a 2GB per line promotion that some are getting offered in their My Offers area on My Verizon, make sure you check.  I was able to add 2 GB per smartphone line even for BYOD and month to month devices on my plan.  As long as you stay 8GB (L) plan or above, it stays. 

0 Likes
annieroosie

If I change my data plan from 16GB XL with 2GB bonus data per line "for life" to the 4GB M plan, will I keep my 2GB per line bonus data? In other words, does "for life" mean for life with no stipulations?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important that bonus data can be, annieroosie. If you change your plan to the 4GB medium plan, you will lose the bonus data. You must remain on the 8 GB(L) plan or higher.  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes