Do Verizon Wireless Stores Provide Tech Support
lisn2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased a new Iphone and Ipad at Mayfield Heights store. Icloud download was started at store and I went home to finish. Discovered update 9-3-1 would not complete because download hadn't completed. Because the download wouldn't complete I went back to the store for assistance. I was greeted by the General Manager (based on a follow up text message) Without looking at the phone or referring me to store tech support she told me to "go home, reconnect to wifi and wait  days if necessary for the cloud download to complete." I questioned this but took the phone home. I called the salesperson who gave me his number several times to confirm resolution to the problem. No answer and his voicemail was not activated. After 24 hrs I devoted some time to fix the problem. Once the Icloud download was really completed , update 9-3-1 installed. Bottom line. I was essentially prevented from dealing with tech support which I presumed was in the store. Is there tech support available in store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do Verizon Wireless Stores Provide Tech Support
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

If they're not busy lol! Just kidding, the store on my area is a corporate-owned Verizon store, and they have friendly reps that helps my old man with his technical issues and questions.

Try to check it here: Find a Store | Verizon Wireless Store Locator make sure you put a check on "Do Not Include Authorized Resellers" so that you will only see the corporate stores.

0 Likes
lisn2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been buying smart phones and tablets from this company owned store for 6 years. When I bought the Iphone 5c and android tablet 2 years ago the sales and tech support experience was excellent. As usual you never meet the same personnel twice after more than 1 year. Very happy with the 5c and VZW. No problems.

Amazing how one person can project a negative image for a business. Guess I'll buy all future devices on line and go on line for tech support. Was trying to shop local to support local business.