Does Verizon save texts/pictures sent?
dandrew766

Is there a way to view old deleted messages from months back?  I need to see all messages sent between one of my numbers and a specific phone number for possible infidelity and as evidence for possible usage in court.  A few months back my wife was sending thousands of pictures/video to another man and fastidiously deleting all evidence from her phone.

Is there a way to get these or is it all gone forever?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon save texts/pictures sent?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, Verizon Wireless only keeps at most 10 days worth of message content on their servers before it is deleted/overwritten.

Depending on how far back you might be able to retrieve the text message logs from your MyVerizon account online. The logs contain the timestamps and the phone number the text messages were received from sent to.

If you needed to contents of the messages and they are deleted from the phone, you can't restore them. They might be still on the other party's phone, but it is their phone not yours.

A SMS Backup application available in the Play Store might have helped in this situation if it was installed prior to the message deletion and the application was performing regular backups.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melimae
What about if it’s been less than 10 days? I have the same question
0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes