EXTREMELY POOR VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE
bekiern
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all, I cannot even begin to tell you how furious I am with Verizon. I have been a loyal customer for 7 years and pay you $480/month. In September I upgraded to the iPhone 11 MAX Pro. I ordered that online. I received the phone and the next day I shipped the used phone via UPS with the tracking label that was given to me UPS tracking number: 1Z4E9W380608950529.  I was contacted a couple of weeks later and then every day for a week because they had not received the phone. 

I spoke to a customer support representative and she adamantly reiterated that I would never get a call or a bill again because it was clear that I had done my part and dropped the phone off at the UPS as instructed. When tracking the number, it shows that the phone was scanned in at the UPS store on Sept. 28th and no other movement. 

Today, 11/22/19 I received an email stating that on Dec. 12, 2019, my total bill due was 1,206.17. $724.92 of that was for the phone that Verizon never received. At 7:11 pm I called the customer support number and was originally connected with someone named Carol. 

Carol states that even though I have a ticket number from my phone call 6 weeks ago, (when I was informed that I would not have to deal with this any longer) that the Verizon rep did not follow through with that ticket/document the conversation/or begin an investigation. that ticket number was: 3932165 DATE 10:15:19. She put me on hold no less than a half dozen times to check things. Finally, she said that she was going to a three-way call me in with a UPS representative. His name was Mikey.

19:45 Mikey: UPS upset why Verizon because he asked them to not get me on the line because he stated that Verizon was supposed to create a ticket for loss of goods and begin an investigation, but they never did. He chastised her for bringing me into the conversation. He stated, "You should not have brought her into this. I tried to tell you but you were in such a hurry and not listening to me that you did it anyway". HE apologized to me for her doing that.

After Carole removed UPS/Mikey from the call, I told her that I needed to speak to a supervisor. She connected me to a guy named Zach. I expressed that I would accept nothing less than an email from Verizon stating that I was released from any liability and it would be removed from my bill. He said that all he could do was put a hold on my account where I could pay my normal bill minus the phone cost and wouldn't be charged late fees. That was UNACCEPTABLE. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. 

8:32 PM I was transferred to someone named Rich. He just kept making excuses and giving me the run around stating that he did not have the authority to do anything for me. He said the same thing that I would have to wait for the investigation EVEN though they saw where I dropped off the phone to UPS. By this time I was so ANGRY that there was no way to appease me! 

NOT ONE TIME DID A REPRESENTATIVE EVER OFFERED AS MUCH AS A $5 STARBUCKS CARD. 

When I made that comment, Rich was like, "Oh well I can offer you a $50 credit". Well, you know what Verizon? Fxxx You! I don't want your fudging credit. Do the right thing and take the dang $724.92 off my account. 

I have never been late on a payment. I have always used autopay. I have been the customer you want for 7 years. Not any more. 

Tonight I stopped autopay and will not pay another dime till this gets off my account. Cancel my service, so be it, I will go to WalMart and get a prepaid flip phone first! 

Tomorrow morning I will visit every competitor to see how they can help me get away from Verizon!

I FULLY EXPECT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WITH HIGHER CREDENTIALS THAN RICH. I DESERVE THIS. 

Not that you have a heart, but imagine this scenario. Dec 12th that amount of money comes out of my bank through autopay. Remember, in October I was told I would never hear about this again. Dec. 12 is just a couple of weeks before Christmas. Some people live paycheck to paycheck and/or on a budget. Imagine the impact that could have on a family? You should be ashamed!

I have completely lost all faith in your organization and you actually disgust me at this moment!

Re: EXTREMELY POOR VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE
KimberlyBradford
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar situation as bekiern. I ordered three hotspot devices in October.  As these devices are supposed to amplify a service signal (forgive my non-technical verbiage) I assumed they would work off my existing devices/phones signals. 

No.  I was charged new line activation fees, $30 each, another $20/mo line fee and upgraded to an unlimited data plan that was somehow billed at $80/line.  My bill came in November and it was $1100+.  

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Once the things were shipped, they shipped to the wrong address. I had the tracking number, and was able to get the package routed correctly, but that was another hour of my time given to Verizon because they are completely incompetent.   

Next, trying to install the things, they didn't work.  They wouldn't connect, and after an hour of trying to set only one up, & log it in I spent another two hours on the phone with Verizon (after a lengthy hold period) where a rude technical support person kept telling me that if I wasn't "capable" of activating the device, I could use the 14 day grace period to return them. 

So I did. 

But then the bill came. why! So I call Verizon on four different days, each time holding longer than an hour...the entire time Verizon kept trying to use their "virtual assistant " - Look, Verizon, had I wanted to spend endless hours trying to type out my issues, I wouldn't have called! - and ultimately ended up hung up on or hanging up in frustration. 

I got several texts between Nov and Dec 2019 telling me that my service was going to be interrupted and finally (despite paying my usual amount) my service was interrupted. So into a Verizon store I went. From 9:00 AM until 2 PM. The store personnel, once they found out why I was there quickly put me on the phone with financial services...were the hold times began anew. 

I finally get a representative who seemed like she wanted to assist, and she did reverse the line charges, activation fees, & restore service but then I get this months bill.  It's also astronomical because Verizon, despite their devices not working, has now charged me $350/line early termination fee. They have also charged me $20/line reconnect fee in spite of the reason the service was interrupted  in the 1st place was because of their billing inaccuracies. They also charged a $50/line restocking fee on the returned devices. And that $80/line unlimited data package was on there too. 

I called them tonight and spent another 45 minutes on hold before I tried the virtual assistant- which is a computerized bunch of garbage-hockey with pre-filled questions and answers.  No result. So I call in and hit all the appropriate buttons for upgraded service. Viola's! A person....who hung up on me as soon as I said I didn't want an upgrade but had a billing issue. 

Goodbye Verizon! I switched to AT&T while on hold. I guess the attorneys can fight this out, but until then, I will review your pisspoor service on every medium I can. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, KimberlyBradford. We strive to deliver top-notch service, so I'm sorry you ran into so many issues with your mobile hotspots. I'm saddened to learn you left the Verizon family, but understand your concern about your balance. I'm happy to lend a hand and makes sure we resolve all your concerns. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
cmanderfeld

I don't know what happened to their customer service, but I agree it does terrible!  I tried making a payment online but there must have been a technical issue since it would not allow me to put an amount in how much I wanted to pay.  When I did make a payment they then charged me a reconnect fee for each line but only credited me for a one line reconnect.

I was going to add a line, and upgrade but they can kiss my butt!  I will be switching to anything but Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’ll do all we can to get to the bottom of this, cmanderfeld. Much of what we need to discuss lies in your account details. We’ve sent a Private Note to investigate further.

GeorgeS_VZW

mb1734

I have to agree with everyone on this queue. Verizon terrible big rocks. I moved to Verizon 3 months ago from ATT. biggest mistake I made in 2019. I have had nothing but problems from the cell service. I get dropped calls daily. I can sit in the same spot in my home and the phone will drop a call at random and even come back and say I should use wifi calling. Well if I wanted to use Wifi calling, why do i need messed up Verizon. I called customer support 3 weeks ago. They had me do a stupid clear out which lost most of my settings and still not change. I recorded that call as I told the rep if their direction caused an issue without resolving my problem, I would report them. Well, the rep called back 3 days later and no change and no improvement. She said she would escalate to the higher tech team. Well two weeks later and still no contact or resolution. I am going to go back to ATT as soon as possible no matter how much it costs as anything is better than this Verizon garbage. Never, never, never again will i even consider Verizon. I will be telling ever member of my family and my business associates. Verizon needs to go....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mb1734,

We definitely don't want to lose you, and we want you to have the best service possible. I regret any inconvenience to you, and I'm here to help. Tell me, was a ticket created for you by the previous representative? What expectations were set when you received the callback? Please share these details, thanks.

Additionally,I would like to clarify that many

factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance. This includes the following:

• Interference (concrete, brick, other building material)
  • Foliage
  • Construction
  • Population changes
  • Cell site changes (e.g., tower relocation, antenna alignment, power adjustment, etc.) 

Indoor use is a challenge for all carriers. Due to physics, radio frequencies get reduced penetration through solid materials and thus indoor signal is hampered when compared to outdoor signal. How is the service if you step outside your residence? Here's a short but informative video about wireless service:

http://spr.ly/66071mbF7 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please DON'T post the trouble ticket number on this public forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chuckide

I can add to your horrible experience.. Yesterday my I-Phone 7 Died.. Super heating / No network issue.. Very common with smartphones. So I go to the local Verizon store on Orange Street in Redlands Ca. NO Entrance without On line appointment.. Ok So I go Home and pay the bill and order a replacement phone On line for Pick up at store. I print the paper work, Go to the store to pick up my phone Denied AGAIN.. Ok So I go to the Verizon Corporate store  in the Citrus Plaza, I did get a helpful salesperson, who looked into my issue. Because my phone was ordered ON Line, they refused to move the order to the store. I now have NO phone, and went to 2 stores, And I have to wait for 3 days to get a phone.. SOMETHINGS WRONG HERE!!! I just paid $300 for a phone, and the stores are un able to represent the product effectively. I would say move to a different phone provider, but apparently they all terrible. I will say the Girls at T-Mobil across the street at least smile at you when they tell you the bad news. I truly think Verizon has some serious Customer service issues when Customers cant get replacement phones that they paid for in a timely manor. 

Chuck Redlands Ca

0 Likes