Re: EXTREMELY poor customer service. Goodbye Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kphar0,

We definitely appreciate your long time loyalty and don't ever want to see you go. Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment. Were you able to purchase the ringtone for your phone? What phone do you have? I'm here if you need assistance purchasing the ringtone.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kphar0

kphar0 to Verizon.

No I was not able to purchase a ringtone as I have a basic LG3 with no media package, which it seems is need to make the purchase.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless you are referring to the LG Revere 3 or Cosmos 3, the LG G3 is not basic.  It is an advanced smartphone device.  Ringtones can be had for free with Zedge and any number of free and paid apps in the Google Play Store.

0 Likes
kphar0

Mine is an older LG3 that I purchased new over two years ago. Verizon does not even show it on thir system anymore.

0 Likes
kphar0

I do believe that it is the Cosmos3.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes a certain amount of data is needed to download digital media.

0 Likes
kphar0

It didn't use to be that way. I guess the market is going to try and force everyone to smartphones. I'll stick with my "dumb" phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Usually a CSR is returning the attitude given to them. So those who think that customer service is bad are the ones who start by giving the attitude and are usually unreasonable making outrageous demands. It has happened all too often here on these forums. You can tell by a person's post if the service was bad or if they made it bad. Me? I have never had a problem with customer service.

Snn5
Legend

Feature and "dumb" phones are a right for anyone, even if they wind up paying similar fees per month compared to a smartphone.  There is what, a $20 difference.  But I suppose for some they prefer simple phones or a cheaper plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kphar0 wrote:

It didn't use to be that way.

Yes, it has always been that way. I remember my last "feature" phone would always get a warning each time I downloaded an app/media onto the phone that "data charges would apply". It was like that 6+ years ago, it is like that now. You pay for your data usage, even if it is for digital media you purchase, and that is in addition to the cost of the digital media.