Re: Ebill canceled from one bank, cannot be added to another
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any news on a solution here?

I've been having this problem for well over a year now since switching banks. I have already been on the phone with customer service, and had BOTH a Verizon rep and my old bank customer service on the same phone call, and they were not able to find a solution. I have confirmed many times already that my Verizon account has been removed from my previous bank payment options entirely. I'm able to make payments without issue through my new bank, I just have to enter the amount in manually every month and would greatly prefer the eBill to make it to my bank account directly.

I get this exact same message every time I try to enroll every couple of months:

We're not able to activate e-bill service for Verizon Wireless (account ***********0001) because: Your account is already successfully enrolled in the eBill program. Please contact Verizon Wireless for details (1)..

Auto-pay is not a solution, it is a workaround at best. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. When the bank, and the Verizon rep were on the same phone call can you describe the issues the bank was having with this scenario? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

The bank was confirming that the payment account had been removed, and they saw no record of the eBill being enrolled in their system anymore. (This was with the old bank.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to log in to your My Verizon account through this link:  https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.verizonwire... to review your options for paperless billing/e-bill)? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
supertoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have even tried turning off Paper-free billing entirely from the configuration page linked above, and still receive the same error message when I try to enroll in eBilling from my bank ("Your account is already successfully enrolled in the eBill program. Please contact Verizon Wireless for details (1)..").

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

supertoast, thank you for the information you provided and for everything you've done on your end. We suggest contacting your new bank as we do not manage the setup of an eBill with your bank. I would ask your bank to open an IT ticket to investigate the issue.  JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
Jeffrey775
Enthusiast - Level 1

Supertoast, any progress?  I am in the same boat.  I just switched from Bank  A to Bank C and C produced the same error message when i try to enroll in e bills and its been two weeks since i un-enrolled in ebill at BOA.  Sounds like Verizon is  a piece of sh*t as they've yet to help you at all.  I bet, what Verizon WANTs is for you to do auto-pay and input your bank info with THEM.   This is a pull ACH from your checking account rather than a Push ACH which is what we both did previously successfully with ebills at our first bank. 

rjohnson9762
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now May 2020 and this issue still exists.  If you have ebill with one bank, change banks and want to get your Verizon Wireless e-bill, same message as the the others indicated in this string.  VZ support has been absolutely no help; all they keep doing is directing you to their website, which does not contain the answers.  I wish SOMEONE at VZ would know what to do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do apologize for the trouble with your bank and getting your eBill set back up with them as they were before rjohnson9762. We are going to send you a Private Note here to see what we can figure out. Please watch for that and respond there.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
AMB50
Enthusiast - Level 1

why can you not share information with the community since all of us are having the same issues. I was using e-bill (ACH push) for 16 years with out on iota of problems. I recently had to switch banks and now I am experiencing the same nightmare all the other folks in the community. Verizon is the common denominator in all cases. Something is broke at Verizon's end. Your auto-pay option is not a wise choice in this day and age. No one wants to allow anyone to have access to their bank account ... I doubt you would either. Please take the time to have someone follow a functioning e-bill (ACH push) and see where the link has broken ... you have millions of customers ... please don't take your success for granted. If you can't make your customers happy the millions will dwindle to thousands, then hundreds, then guess what ... someone has to care somewhere in your organization. You can be that someone if you take the time to dig into the problem.

Thank you