Exasperating and frustrating situation
Konakai1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is HORRIBLE and they are thieves as well. They put me in a BOGO deal and didn’t tell me. Added a phone line that I NEVER asked for and have been charging me for it since 2018!! When I discovered it upon upgrading that they scanned me out of $1800 they offered me ONE MONTH FREE…like I’m stupid or something!! TOTAL RIP OFF! But I will have the last laugh for sure. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exasperating and frustrating situation
mama23dogs
Legend

Verifying the bill is correct is the consumer's responsibility.

Mistakes happen. I was once double charged for a hotel bill to the tune of several hundred dollars. But the next month I read my bill and contacted the hotel and had them credit back the extra charge to my visa. 

Most service providers, and even my Mastercard and Visa require that I read my bill in a timely manner and report back to them any errors on the bill so that they can correct them.

By paying your bill every month for 4 years you have asserted that the bill is correct. 

Most give you only 3 months to  complain. Verizon gives you six months. But you're not going to get four years worth of back credits on a line of service when you should have read your for accuracy. 

auto-pay and paperless ? Every single bill most of us pay are on auto pay and paperless billing. I still check my bill every month to make sure it's correct. 

View solution in original post

Re: Exasperating and frustrating situation
mama23dogs
Legend

Verifying the bill is correct is the consumer's responsibility.

Mistakes happen. I was once double charged for a hotel bill to the tune of several hundred dollars. But the next month I read my bill and contacted the hotel and had them credit back the extra charge to my visa. 

Most service providers, and even my Mastercard and Visa require that I read my bill in a timely manner and report back to them any errors on the bill so that they can correct them.

By paying your bill every month for 4 years you have asserted that the bill is correct. 

Most give you only 3 months to  complain. Verizon gives you six months. But you're not going to get four years worth of back credits on a line of service when you should have read your for accuracy. 

auto-pay and paperless ? Every single bill most of us pay are on auto pay and paperless billing. I still check my bill every month to make sure it's correct.