Re: Extremely slow data speeds!!!!! And service issues!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GodHelpUS, I'm sorry you're experiencing these slow speeds as well. I know I personally rely heavily on my phone throughout the day, so I can imagine how challenging this is for you. 

How long has this been happening? What device? (make/model) Where are you located? (city, state, cross streets, zip code, etc.) 

Please elaborate to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
SeeOhSee

Exact same issues here. My data speeds almost always stay sub 1.0 mbps. Like, as low as 0.05 mbps. I'll even get speeds registering in the sub 100 kb/s range. That's 90's dial up speeds...in 2020. I almost never have more than 1 bar at any given time. That is if I'm receiving a Lte4g signal at all. It's constantly spontaneously switching into 3g, and a lot of the time, into 1x signal. I've even went periods of a No Service signal. It's even more pathetic when I live less than a mile from my nearest local tower. I live in a more rural town, so, at any given time of the day, I'm usually within 3.5 miles of said tower. So my signal shouldn't be that weak. My job doesn't always have me available to wifi or wifi hotspots, and i don't have a land line phone, so I depend on the unlimited plan for my phones service.

Can't make or receive calls most of the time. And, if I do, they're staticy or they get dropped. I'll receive texts and emails hours, and even a day, later than when they were sent to me. Texts/email can take forever to send, if they don't time out instead.

According to cellmapper.net, if its correct, which according to anecdotal evidence it is, my local towers signal strength and range is far, far less that the top competitive companies. So, why such the discrepancy?

Verizon might have had the strongest signal and most coverage at one point a decade ago, but it's obvious they've been surpassed in that time and haven't bothered to keep up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help! We sent a Private note earlier, please respond to get started.

0 Likes
SeeOhSee

And I've already done all that's been requested in the private message, yet I've received no help at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SeeOhSee

We're terribly sorry to hear about the service issues you've been experiencing. Making sure you're able to stay connected is our top priority, and we would love to help take a closer look at this situation right away. Please meet us back in the private message so that we can continue.

0 Likes
TtRe: Extremely slow data speeds!!!!! And service issues!
danshipman

My zip is 17842. When i moved there in November i had great coverage, i then went to the new unlimited plans, and over that past month the coverage is garbage and sometimes only get the edge network. Data is so slow i have to use home wifi to do anything..

I have noticed this issuse all over the country,  and i drive semi over the road.

What is going on???.

Definitely not getting what i am paying for!!

0 Likes
Re: TtRe: Extremely slow data speeds!!!!! And service issues!
Jimenez3

Did you get it fix ? I have the same issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent data speeds. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Marcy_l
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add 48220 and 34212 and points in between to the poor erradict speeds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a quality wireless connection is vital. We're concerned about the issues mentioned. We'll need to collect additional information. Which zipcode do you primarily use for your device? Please run a speed test (www.speedtest.net) and share your results. 

0 Likes