Re: False Advertising for Iphone Upgrades
DG_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely true.  Went to do an upgrade for a buy one get one on any upgrade up to $700.  As of 1/10/2022 web page shown below*.  No Asterisks or anything to indicate the typical fine print.  Online only and only until Thursday.  Selected my phones and then looked at the preview of next months bill, and no phones were free.  I chatted with Verizon and was told I had to add a line to get the promo.  Complete and utter false advertising. 

* Tried submitting, but Verizon wouldn't let me include the picture of their website.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DG_1, our goal is to do business with integrity and ensure a disclosure is clear when making a purchase. All of the details and requirements should be listed on the website and then an order summary should be listed with all the purchase details and eligible promotions. Your feedback will certainly be reviewed for ways to improve the disclosures and confirmations. 

-David

0 Likes
WantCustomerService

I agree the sales people do NOT provide you with the correct information when they are trying to upgrade your phone.

My bill was to remain unchanged.  It escalated $40+ a month.  I called and spent many hours trying to find someone who knew anything.  Kept sending me to a different department.  The wait times are incredible.  

Fixed the problem.  BUT 2 month later get an email from Verizon that they will be charging me for the phone I traded in and the plan is going to cancel my promotion and now charge me an additional $33/per phone x 4 a month.

I plan to contact the FCC and report the incompetence of their sales people and the fraud they are committing.  I have now been waiting for 40 +minutes on a Verizon hold with bad music.  This Verizon problem must be nationwide.  Been a Verizon customer for 20 years.  This is the thanks I get. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We do want to make sure that you're getting the offers and promotions that you would qualify for at the time of your upgrade. We do love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless over the past 20+ years. Sorry for the longer-than-normal hold times as well. We are here to assist. We will be able to review the specifics of your account to find out what is going on. I will be sending you a Private Note. Please reply to that message. Thank you.    -Kevin

0 Likes
Rxxx

I got a text from Verizon offering $800 off iPhone 13, but when I went to store yesterday, they offered $400 and said the $800 expired the day before!!

0 Likes
Apetrella
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue. I’ve been a loyal Verizon customer for over 25 years and I am seriously thinking about changing carriers. I mean, they give their “new” customers better deals. I was going to trade in my iPhone 8 Plus (which is in excellent condition) for the iPhone 12. I went through the steps and was then told I would only receive $85 for my trade in. Absolutely ridiculous, especially when used iPhone 8 Plus are selling for $200-350 on eBay. Oh, and then I have to add a line if I want to save up to $700. I already have the whole entire family on my plan. There’s nobody else to add! It’s not right. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Apetrella, I want you to feel like you are the valued customer that you are. Market value trades are not the same as promotional trades. Please send us a Private Note, so I can help you here. *Bee

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

All of that information is included in the advertisement, which doesn't make the advertisement false at all.

I've received the same advertisement for up to $700 off of a new iPhone if I add a line and trade in an old phone.   Nothing false, just the conditions of the deal 

0 Likes
65gtotrips
Enthusiast - Level 2

04/13/2022

I’m having the exact same issue, I just received the following text $700 (36 month credit to my account) from Verizon. I go under Shop/Deals/My Offers and sure enough the $700 iPhone 13 promo is there. I get both my iPhone lines upgraded and into the cart and it literally says this on the selection screen:

“Trading Apple iPhone 7 Plus gets you Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max for $19.44/mo with eligible Unlimited plan.”

So all is good, UNTIL I go to checkout and the discount credit to account is only $350 or $440 depending on which 5G plan I select. There’s zero combinations of plans that gets you the $700 promo.

I immediately thought ‘Hey, this is false advertising’…

Here’s the promo text:

Hi. It's Verizon. For the first time ever, you can trade in an old or damaged phone that's free of battery damage and get up to $700 off iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 with select trade-in and 5G Unlimited plans. Visit m.vzw.com/700Promo (data charges may apply). Trade-in/promo credit applied over 36 mos; 0% APR. Add'l terms & trade-in conditions apply. Limited-time offer. Reply 'X' to stop msgs.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of receiving your promotion, and I can certainly try to assist you with making sure you receive the correct promotion. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert