Fees fees Fees
VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does Verizon charge some people (me) so much more than others ($160 Mo., 2 junky droid charge phones)? Also why is it now that I have only a month left on my contract that my phone upgrade has disappeared? What kind of scam is this? Is verizon willing to give me a deal to keep me or do i need to look elsewhere for a service i can afford? I need 3 lines now, and 3 phones... Also why is there no way to contact verizon by email?

Rick

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fees fees Fees
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have reached out to a peer to peer community support forum. If you have want to speak to VZW directly you should contact them at 611 from your cell phone or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone.

VZW never stated specific upgrade dates in the contract. This is how they were able to change the policy. Don't worry because they changed it for EVERYONE and didn't single you out. We all must wait until we complete 2 full years of our contract. Though this information was communicated in previous mailing and bill inserts. They don't just change something without prior notification.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When did the upgrade date change to compared to your contract end date? Which plan do you have now? Verizon Wireless doesn't allow early upgrades anymore. Verizon Wireless Upgrade Policy - Verizon Wireless Upgrade Eligibility You can add the third line whenever you want if you only have two lines on the account now.

There isn't an email address for customer service, but you can call, stop by the store, contact VZW via, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ or use the private Direct Message system on this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does verizon get to change there upgrade plan mid term contract?

VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

their

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The upgrade eligibility date was never part of the contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

VerizonTarget wrote:

Why does Verizon charge some people (me) so much more than others ($160 Mo., 2 junky droid charge phones)?I assume you mean Verizon charges you so much more for service than they charge others. This is because they charged the other so much more for their phones than they charged you. Verizon is offering a discount on line access charges for smartphones IF you paid full retail for the phone instead of taking a ~$400 discount on the price of a phone. You simply have to choose where you want the discount and which is better for you. You will also get the discount once your contract has been completed.

Also why is it now that I have only a month left on my contract that my phone upgrade has disappeared? What kind of scam is this? Ann's link to Verizon's upgrade policy explains this quite clearly. I can't understand how this would affect you, though, if you are due for an upgrade now. If your upgrade date changed, you must have accepted some sort of incentive for it to do so.

Is verizon willing to give me a deal to keep me or do i need to look elsewhere for a service i can afford? Verizon is always willing to give a deal. That does not mean it will be at a lower cost than its competitiors. You should ALWAYS look elsewhere for service each time you are looking to purchase a new phone. I certainly do.

I need 3 lines now, and 3 phones... Also why is there no way to contact verizon by email?

Rick

VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not say they were part of the contract, and they did remove upgrade options from my account.

0 Likes
VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am here specifically looking for a response from verizon not verizon fan boys...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Then good luck waiting for them to reply

http://www.t-mobile.com

That is a great place to start. No contracts but you pay full price for the new phones over 24 months if credit qualified.

You also pay $38 activation fees per line and $10 for each SIM card

Or try http://www.sprint.com

They have contracts and reduced price phones. $36 activation fee per line.

But both have terrible coverage.

Good Luck

0 Likes
VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

So this forum is just another way to ignore customers?