Re: Fees fees Fees
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone warranty is a year not 90 days. Refurbished replacements might be 90 days,, but I'm not positive.

It took 5 days for the VZW rep to reply because this community forum is first and foremost a peer to peer customer forum not a direct link to Customer Support. The reps delay responding to give the users of the community a chance to answer your questions first and possibly give you a suggestion that solves the problem. You should never expect the reps to reply quickly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

mt droid charge had only a 90 day warranty new....

Please don't speak for the rep. As a matter of fact all these questions are for verizon, not the verizon fan boys...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

My Droid Charge came with a 1 yr manufacturers warranty. Maybe you had a different manufacturer???

Not applicable

(removed) The manufacturer warranty is 1 year against manufacturer defects. Not physical or water damage.

Secondly a certified like new device has a 90 day warranty. Ann154 was absolutely correct.

Samsung

(removed)

Good Luck

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Tidbits
Legend

I have a feeling he thought he bought new, but he bought the cheaper version which is a refurbished unit(which has 90 day warranty). Either than he knew and now trying to work the system.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

VerizonTarget wrote:

I was eligible for an upgrade and it went away.

Its also unclear why the contract is 2 years and the phone warranties are only 90 days...

It is unclear also why your not just honest about the pricing but you play games with your fees. Connection fee, $35,upgrade fee $30.

Its a bit unclear how you can shut off service and then charge a fee to turn it back on after having an agreed payment agreement date.

Its unclear why it took you 5 days to post here...

It's really unclear why wireless is not treated like a utility..

1.) Your upgrade eligibility was explained via the link posted regarding he policy change. The is a link directly to VZW's website.

2.) Contracts are 2 years because that is how long it take VZW to break even on the amount of the subsidy they provided for you to receive the discount. Phone warranties are 1 year. This applies to when you purchase the phone brand new as well as purchasing a Certified Pre Owned device from Verizon Wireless. The Certified Like New Replacement (CLNR) devices are warrantied for 90 days or the rest of the initial 1 year warranty, whichever is longer.

3.) VZW IS honest with their fees. The "connection", really activation, fee of $35 is ONLY assessed when you open a new line of service. The upgrade fee is assessed when you purchase a device at the subsidized discount. Both of these fees are disclosed by the rep at time of sale as well as online before accepting terms and making payment.

4.) VZW can terminate service for non-payment or for not meeting a payment arrangement made by the customer. They don't have to make payment arrangements but the do. Also, if you don't pay the payment arrangement as agreed you will be ineligible to make another one for at least 6 months but it could be a year. The reconnection fee is standard. I would re-read your contract.

5.) As stated already this is not a direct link to VZW reps. That can be done by calling customer service which is 611 from your cell phone or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone.

6.) How would you like VZW to be treated. It is not a necessity. If you think you need a mobile phone as a necessity there are plenty of government subsidized programs that offer no charge service.

0 Likes
VerizonTarget
Enthusiast - Level 3

wow lots of people blinded by corporate greed. Sheep of Verizon, you are too funny.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Baaa, baaa

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am not blinded by corporate greed. I simply understand that I have signed a contract for 2 years for a phone that has a warranty of one year so I pay for an extended warranty to make sure that I am covered. I took the proper precautions. So because you want a new phone you expect VZW to break their contract with you because it's convenient for you? People like you crack me up. I have had many phones on contract and never had a problem making them last 2 years.  Not one. But you'll never be happy with any information that we provide because it is not exactly what you want. I suggest you switch to another carrier and see if they'll break their contract whenever it seems convenient for you.

BrendanFella
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Target,

I believe it has been explained many times here that this is a PEER TO PEER discussion/forum NOT an official Verizon Help Site.

The opinions and HELP provided to explain certain situations are customers like yourself.

While we don't all agree with everything said that is a fact.