Have 4 phones on ALLTEL Family, want to upgrade 2 to iPhone. Do we all have to switch plans? Can we stay on one bill?
Michael1978

Hello,

My parents sister and I currently use the old Alltel Family National Freedom 900 plan and have four basic phones. We would like to upgrade 2 of the phones to iPhones and leave the other two phones as basic.  Do we need to change plans?  Would we need to switch all four of us to a More Everything plan?   Or is it now possible to have the two basic phones stay on the old ALLTEL plan and use More everything for the 2 smartphones/iPhones AND keep everything on one bill?

To restate slightly, can this transaction be done online, and will the website calculate the total monthly service charge per month for all 4 phones at checkout (hopefully using the 2 mentioned plans)?

So far, I've run through the process, and it looks surprisingly possible.  But I am very wary of clicking the red button without assurance. This may need to be sorted out at a store.

Sincerely,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Have 4 phones on ALLTEL Family, want to upgrade 2 to iPhone. Do we all have to switch plans? Can we stay on one bill?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mike!
Great question1 Yes you can change your plan online and yes the data portion of your plan would need to change. When upgrading the System will allow you to choose from available plans.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Have 4 phones on ALLTEL Family, want to upgrade 2 to iPhone. Do we all have to switch plans? Can we stay on one bill?
Clws78
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is possible but you cannot have 2 family share plans on one acct, you can do single line plans for the upgraded phones and leave the other 2 if they are on a share plan, or move all to the more everything share plan, or you could move 2 lines to a sub account so that you are under the same account but you will get 2 separate bills. I would definitely go to a store or call if that is easier for you to go over all your options, good luck 🙂

0 Likes