Help with Verizon not following through with error correction
matthomemn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so I will try to make a very long, frustrating story short.

We signed up with Verizon Internet in August.  Verizon sent us the device, but instead of adding it to my current account they created a whole new account. This lead to multiple billing issues, because the advertised prices are contingent on it being linked to an existing account. After clocking 10 hours (over several days) on the phone with Verizon in order to get it fixed they finally decided that the best thing to do would be to cancel the service, send the device back and then sign up for it again and start fresh. 

We did so and sent the device back. We have tracking numbers and documentation of it arriving at verizon on 9/12.  Then we started getting notices that the device hadn't been returned and we needed to do so. We called Verizon and every time were assured they could see it had arrived and it would fix on the next "cycle" Well it didn't. So then September bill comes around and they have actually charged us for not one, but two devices. making the bill $429. We called and were told again that they could see it was there and they would submit a ticket to get it fixed....they didn't.

10/31, Brendan said it would be fixed in 7-10 days, and the account would credit the money....it didn't

11/28 Erica said the same thing.....it didin't

12/3 Collections contacted us, we went over the issue with Chris, she sent us to dell, who sent us to michael, who sent us to ocavio who said it would be fixed....it wasn't

12/5 Issue was not resolved as Erica had said, so we called and spoke to Deb. She promised that she would submit for the credit because she could clearly see it had arrived, and didn't know why it was billing for two items either. She promised it would be resolved in 8-10 business days and then she would call us to follow up.....it wasn't

12/8 Billing called again. We explained it to them. So then sent us to Shawn, who said he would "not lie to us" but also refused to give us any kind of reference information so we could document our conversation with him. He swore that it would be credited $400 in 5  days, it just had to get managers approval.  Here we are 0n the 15th and I am still getting collections calls and emails.

Every single one of these phone calls has taken up an hour of my time as every single person has to try to discover what the problem is....again. Every single time it is the same result. They can see it was an error, but they have to "submit it to a manager" and then nothing gets done.

So who is ACTUALLY in charge of fixing these problems? Every single person has just passed it on for the next guy to fix. How to I actually talk to someone to get this fixed? Do I have to file legal action? BBB? I absolutely don't want to do that, but no one in customer care seems to be able to fix it. I am losing my mind here.  Hours upon hours has been spent trying to fix an error that Verizon made to start out with.  It shouldn't take 4 months to correct an account that every person says they can see is an error. Then, because of that error, they are charging me, and threatening to send me to collections!

Does anyone have advice on a number to call that actually gets things done? An email? Or certain trigger words to say, or requests to make while on the phone that will get me to someone who can do something about it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Verizon not following through with error correction
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@matthomemn 

Hi Matt,

I can hear your exasperation - you are not alone!!  I had a similar experience trying to get an issue with trade-ins resolved and almost lost my mind.    After wasting months and days and hours of my time re-explaining the issues - I finally submitted a complaint to the FCC.    DO NOT FEEL GUILTY OVER DOING THIS!!   I kept giving Verizon chance after chance and it was ridiculous - I should have gone straight to the FCC after their first blunder.    

The FCC complaint process is simple and quick - and within a few days you will be contacted by a Verizon employee in the executive office.   That person will listen, understand and actually have the authority to fix your issue.   It was a huge relief after months of exasperation and wasted breath.   

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

You will also be helping your fellow Verizon customers.

Good luck!   Let us know how it turns out!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Matt, 

I am sorry to read that this has been a headache to you, I have seen this scenario in the community before, they may need to further investigate on the situation, did you request it to collections?

Thank you for contacting Verizon! 

>Cintya

0 Likes
matthomemn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not exactly sure what you mean in your message, but if you are referring to speaking to collections about it, then yes. I have spoken to them twice. Both times they said they can't do anything about it because the account is closed and they transfer us out to someone else. 

In your reply you said "they may need to further investigate on the situation" Who is they that you are referring to? Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I appreciate your answer, but can you clarify the process that are referring to as well. That is what I need to know. How to get someone to actually get something done. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to review this matter with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
matthomemn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love nothing more than to work it out. How do I send the private message to you? Was there supposed to be a hotlink in your response? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion. Here are the instructions. 

How to send PM on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/KdwH96

Follow the steps below on how to send a Private Message: 1. Go to the page that you'd like to send a Private Message to. 2. Click Send Message below the page's cover photo. 3. Type your message and press enter to send.

-Roni

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@matthomemn 

Hi Matt,

I can hear your exasperation - you are not alone!!  I had a similar experience trying to get an issue with trade-ins resolved and almost lost my mind.    After wasting months and days and hours of my time re-explaining the issues - I finally submitted a complaint to the FCC.    DO NOT FEEL GUILTY OVER DOING THIS!!   I kept giving Verizon chance after chance and it was ridiculous - I should have gone straight to the FCC after their first blunder.    

The FCC complaint process is simple and quick - and within a few days you will be contacted by a Verizon employee in the executive office.   That person will listen, understand and actually have the authority to fix your issue.   It was a huge relief after months of exasperation and wasted breath.   

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

You will also be helping your fellow Verizon customers.

Good luck!   Let us know how it turns out!

jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@matthomemn   

They just sent me a private message offering to help me with my trade in promo!  I’m laughing at how out of touch they are.   My issue was resolved via a complaint to the FCC.   If they had actually read my comment and other posts on this board they would see that they had plenty of opportunities to help me.   So now that I am trying to help others by sharing that the FCC was how I finally reached resolution - they are wanting to private message me to solve my trade in promo issue.   Sorry - too late for that!!   It’s hysterical they are acknowledging “my time is valuable” and yet all they do is further waste my time with their fake empathy and empty promises.

matthomemn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes! This is exactly the problem. Of the three replies I have had on here, it has been three different people. And the last one when I asked for clarification told me how to send a private chat on Facebook. I'm not even sending these messages through Facebook! I am logged onto the Verizon message board in my account. Maybe they are replying on Facebook, but that doesn't explain to me how to send a private message. 

I am not exaggerating when I say that between my wife and myself we have spent at least 24 hours on the phone getting passed from person to person and being made promises they don't keep.  The last conversation (two days ago) my wife asked to speak to a manager or someone who could resolve it and she was told "we don't really have someone like that" No one is holding these guys accountable. As you concluded, it almost seems like they are trying to just push you off.  They have refused to give ticket numbers, or reference numbers to the conversations, just promising that they will take care of it and that it will be done in "x amount of days"

Thank you for your help. They have promised to "elevate the ticket" again and I will give them one last chance to fulfill their promises, then I will file a complaint as you have recommended and follow up here.

matthomemn
Enthusiast - Level 2

After waiting for the "next round" of  "I promise this will be fixed in 5-7 days" and my ticket being "elevated" nothing happened, so I did as Jennk1 suggested and filed the complaint with the FCC using the link given. 

It only took 24 hours for them to call me and email me from Verizon regarding the complaint.  I was able to touch base with them and resolve the issue with a single phone call. 

In discussing the issue with her she could see there had been no follow through, and she was able to identify a few areas where Verizon had created the issues.  She said her job was to resolve the issue with me, and then next to follow through with the company to correct the causes. I can't say if the second part of that will get done, but it appears she was able to take care of things on my end.

I asked her if there was anything more I could have done. She said no, it was an error on their end. She also said that she would stop the collections process, so it wouldn't hit my credit score.

I wish it hadn't gotten to an official complaint, but from the time of signing up in July until now my wife and I have easily spent 24 hours of talk time on the phone trying to resolve the issues.

Hopefully it is the end of this particular saga.