Horrible Service!
Kellbrite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Almost 20 years of service from Verizon, and we are looking into switching to another provider. Our service is HORRIBLE lately. My husband is on call 24/7 and we can not afford to not receive calls or texts. This is happening more and more. I recently drove to a nearby town, a trip I have made hundreds of times and always had service the whole way, but no longer can receive or place calls. Most my town (where I have lived for YEARS with Verizon service) maps do not work, no calls or texts, nothing. It’s 2023 and I have a fear of being stranded for the first time. This is unacceptable. Verizon says it because of congestion in our area, but is that an excuse? Shouldn’t they stop adding service in our area if they know the new lines cannot be supported? We pay almost $400/month, and this is unacceptable.  (Service area is 43078)

3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kellbrite, thank you for reaching out regarding a change in your service. We greatly appreciate your loyalty over the years and are here to help investigate what's going on. So we can best assist, we will be reaching out via Private Note.

-Lauren

0 Likes
Frustrated84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are these threads going private?  Hundreds of us are having the same problems and would like to know how these issues are being worked through, instead of having to re-invent the wheel over and over again, and comb through dozens of threads to find even a kernel of information as to what on earth has happened to our Verizon cellular service in the past two years.   Like this OP, the service at my home has gone from good for many years, to AWFUL starting maybe two years ago.  In recent months, I believe I have "no service" almost as much as I have a workable cell phone.  AND, when the service drops, the phone will  not work through the wifi, which it should.  It sits there on the table like a brick while people are calling me, and might decide to wake up 12 hours later and let me know I missed calls.  Texts don't work either.  I'm getting -115 db signal (when I get ANY signal), which, I understand, is fair to poor.  I have not moved in 20 year.  I haven't switched phones.  Nothing has changed on my end.  WHAT is going on at Verizon, that has turned my phone into a brick 50% of the time anymore?  (zip code: 23703, Portsmouth, VA.  4G LTE.  Motorola moto e2 go.  I prepay monthly.  WiFi is through Verizon internet.  The phone gets better signal when I'm at the local shopping center.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing those details with us, Frustrated84! This is definitely not the experience we want for our customers! In a few moments, you'll receive a Private Note from us. When you receive it, please reply there, so we can gather more details to look further into this issue with you!

*Gabriel

0 Likes