How can I record better quality voice mail messages on my phone?
BarryR1956

No matter what I try, headset, speaker on, regular - I can't get my recorded message to sound decent.  Any tips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any tips for recording a BETTER VM message on my phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
  • Make sure the microphone is not clogged with dirt or dust.  Blow it out or use a toothpick or pin (carefully) to clear any debris.
  • Sit in a quiet or silent place to record the message.
  • Be sure you are not covering the mic with your hand; perhaps speak directly into the microphone.
  • Speak clearly, a bit louder and a bit slower than feels "normal", and enunciate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kristieq_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello BarryR1956. Let's ensure that you can record a great voicemail for your phone. How exactly are you recording your greeting? You want to ensure you're in a quiet setting once you record. I typically prefer to record not on speakerphone to ensure no background noise is picked up. I hope this helps you further.

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
  • Make sure the microphone is not clogged with dirt or dust.  Blow it out or use a toothpick or pin (carefully) to clear any debris.
  • Sit in a quiet or silent place to record the message.
  • Be sure you are not covering the mic with your hand; perhaps speak directly into the microphone.
  • Speak clearly, a bit louder and a bit slower than feels "normal", and enunciate.
0 Likes