How do you sync contacts in Message+ on Mac?
cc2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

New contacts added aren't synced to Mac app. Contacts deleted aren't synced to Mac. When I click File, Contact Sync, it does nothing. What source is this syncing to - Google, Verizon Cloud, Apple Contacts? I've made changes in all three. None of the changes show in Message+. I've tried disconnecting my laptop and deleting the app multiple times. It never resets the contacts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you sync contacts in Message+ on Mac?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Messages+ only looks to the Verizon Cloud for its contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cc2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Already cleared my Verizon Cloud contacts... Still not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to be able to have different ways to access your contacts, cc2016. Let’s continue to look into options to get the contacts on your Mac. Have you tried using iCloud to sync your contacts? The iCloud should be able to identity the contacts on your device in the Verizon Messages to then manage them being placed on your Mac after using the iCloud to have them all backed up. Here’s a link to share some details http://bit.ly/2cqi7wq  

EdwinW

_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cc2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only places my contacts would have been stored have been cleared and restored with only the contacts I want to keep - Gmail, Verizon Cloud, Mac Address Book, my S6 Contacts. I never used iCloud to back-up my contacts - or anything else.

I also edited the name of one of my contacts yesterday. The update doesn't show up in my Mac Verizon app. It's not syncing with whatever source it's supposed to be linked with. No changes I've made since I first downloaded the app to my Mac has shown up in the Mac app. They show in Gmail, Verizon Cloud, Mac Address Book, and my S6 Contacts.

0 Likes
cc2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes, I have tried deleting and re-installing the app in an attempt to reset the sync. That hasn't worked either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we can find out what is causing this! Have you tried accessing Messaging through the browser in My Verizon to see if the contacts sync there? This will help us pinpoint if this is application specific.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cc2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already stated three times- I have cleared Verizon Cloud. I even repeated the fact in response to the first person who references deleting contacts via the Cloud - even though it clearly states I've already done so in my original post. I entirely deleted all my contacts in Verixon and rezadded just the ones I want. None of those changes appear in the Mac app. One more time, I have cleared all places contacts would be stored - phone, Google, Verizon Cloud, Mac. I keep getting asked questions I've already answered.

I've answered half the question for you - The Mac Messaging app isn't syncing. It obviously synch'd the very first time but has not updated since. I've changed the names of contacts and it hasn't picked up those changes. I've deleted and added new contacts. It hasn't picked up those changes. I've uninstalled, re-installed, disconnected, and reconnected on both phone and Mac.

Can you please give me some guidance?