How to transfer text messages from old Droid Razr Maxx to new Samsung S6
Pauln59

I've had a Droid Razr Maxx for 3 or 4 years, and now I'm replacing it with a Samsung S6. The S6 has already been activated, and now I'm trying to get the text threads on the Droid imported to the S6, which has Message+. The Droid is still connected to the Internet by WiFi. I installed Message+ on the Droid Razr Maxx and the text messages then showed up in Message+. Then I tried subscribing to Verizon Integrated Messaging service on the Droid, to sync the messages across my devices. The Droid shows a bar chart saying "Please Wait. Starting Service" and the S6 gets a text message saying "VZ Messages PIN: XXXXXX". Nothing happens after that. When I try to "Restore messages from online" on the S6, it briefly shows a message saying, "Restore online in progress, please try later." Is there a way to get this seemingly simple task done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pauln59 Let’s get a fresh start in transferring your text messages. Here is a great link that will help with the process. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-contacts-and-media/ Another process you can use is the Verizon Cloud http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/content-transfer-existing/ Please let us know if you continue to have issues. One of these methods should resolve your situation.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I saw something like this in another thread . There was an update to messages and you can't get the text sent to you if on wife with the access code. Tech support might be able to help further but you will have to reactivate the droid then down load it and follow the procedure then do the same for the new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new phone, Pauln59. I certainly hope that you’re loving everything else about the device. I know it’s important to get all your important information over to the new S6. The Restore Messages process can take a while, sometimes hours depending on how many hundreds of messages you have backed up. When you log into www.vzw.com/verizonmessages from a computer, do you see your message history there as well? Do you ever get the option on your Razr Maxx to enter the PIN that was sent to the S6?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pauln59

After about 12 hours the text messages on the Droid still are not visible on the S6. There is no option shown on the Droid to enter a security code, although the S6 has received a text with a code. In fact, the S6 receives a new text each time I attempt to subscribe the Droid. The process on the Droid just seems to halt with no result.

I can't install the desktop Message+ app because my anti-virus software flags it as a Trojan.

0 Likes
Pauln59

After about 24 hours the messages are still not transferred. The Droid is still showing "Please Wait Starting Service." Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pauln59 Let’s get a fresh start in transferring your text messages. Here is a great link that will help with the process. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-contacts-and-media/ Another process you can use is the Verizon Cloud http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/content-transfer-existing/ Please let us know if you continue to have issues. One of these methods should resolve your situation.
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pauln59

Since I've already activated my new phone, I decided to use Verizon Cloud. I installed Cloud on the Droid, but I cannot get the phones to pair even though they are on the same WiFi network. The Droid generates a bar code, but when I scan it with the S6, the S6 shows the message, "Waiting for scan to complete" endlessly. The devices cannot find each other on the network, so Cloud cannot generate a PIN.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I told you several posts ago that you need to reactivate the old phone to get things to work.

0 Likes